No fuel to carb - fuel pump? JD L118

/ No fuel to carb - fuel pump? JD L118 #1  

anthem3

Tractor
JD L118 and Cub LT1045
No fuel at the bulb where the filter is so unhooked the line running back to the tank - gas starting coming out. Reattached and try to start - cranks but wont turn over - how do I get it to pump gas to the carb and fire up?

/ No fuel to carb - fuel pump? JD L118 #2  
You will have to keep following the fuel lines until you hit the point where you no longer have fuel flow. Until then anything is just a guess. The reason I say it like that is I don't know offhand where the filter is in your fuel system. If it is the first point in the hose coming from the tank, then the hose is probably blocked.

Also, what do you mean, it cranks but won't turn over? If it cranks it's turning over. If it's not turning over it's not cranking. Were you trying to say it's cranking but not firing?

Ken

/ No fuel to carb - fuel pump? JD L118
The filter is just before the pump, both are mounted on the front right side of the engine.

When I disconnect the line between the filter and the tank gas comes out, but when I recoennect it and try to start I dont see anything in the bulb where the filter is.

The engine cranks when I turn the key but does not start. I replaced the spark plugs and the battery is new.

/ No fuel to carb - fuel pump? JD L118 #4  
Like I said before, if fuel isn't getting to the filter, check the hose for blockage.

Ken