JD 990 tractor flashers not working

/ JD 990 tractor flashers not working #1  

farminbovina

Tractor
John Deere 990
Hello,
the dealer told me to replace the flasher relay (already checked fuse). One person at the dealership told me
I could find the relay by the fusebox under the hood. When I couldn't find it there, another call to the dealer and
was told to remove the cover by the ignition switch and I would find it there. But...I couldn't find it there either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

thanks !

/ JD 990 tractor flashers not working #2  
I suggest you repost this in the Deere Owning/Operating forum along with the serial number of the tractor.
With a bit of luck, another Deere 990 owner will have a service manual and will be able to help.
The reason for the serial number is the 990 has changed over the years, and that may include the location of the flasher relay. Manuals will apply to serial numbers more so then model years.

/ JD 990 tractor flashers not working
Hi Roy,

thanks for this info. I didn't know about the Deere owning/operating forum, so I will post there along with the serial number. Good ideas,
and thank you very much.

Gary (Roy) Robson

I suggest you repost this in the Deere Owning/Operating forum along with the serial number of the tractor.
With a bit of luck, another Deere 990 owner will have a service manual and will be able to help.
The reason for the serial number is the 990 has changed over the years, and that may include the location of the flasher relay. Manuals will apply to serial numbers more so then model years.

/ JD 990 tractor flashers not working #4  
hello im looking at my tech manual for my 990 the relay is under the instriment panel above the key to the left sn 590000.

/ JD 990 tractor flashers not working
Hello,

thanks for the info. I will check my serial number and look under that panel,

thanks

Gary