NH TC30 with a few problems to work out.

/ NH TC30 with a few problems to work out. #1  

breaksteel

Tractor
TC30
I have recently purchased a TC30 and have a few small problems I'd like to get worked out. I have scoured this forum and can not find answers to these. I do not have the manual, and can not find one that does't come with a wild price tag. Even some PDF files are $80+ dollars, really? Why so expensive?

1. There is a small oil leak against the firewall, right behind the oil pan. Anyone have any ideas where this could be originating from? It seems like hydraulic fluid and is a very small drip.

2. Glow plug light will only come on when key is turned and the molex on the timer is pressed downward. I have sanded the contacts on the timer, but have a hard time getting to the contacts in the molex. Holding the key and the molex the timer doesn't allow the glow plug light to turn off. Any ideas on where to go from here to resolve?

3. There is a orange lever right next to the reverse pedal that I have no idea what it is for. Its paint is worn, giving the indication that it has been well used. Any idea what this is for?

4. Above the rear axle, and PTO there is a yellow filler and a dip stick to its right. I'm assuming this is hydraulic fluid?

Thanks for all your help in advance!
I'm enjoying the tractor!

/ NH TC30 with a few problems to work out. #2  
I have a TC -29 D.... in answer to your #1 I have the same leak on mine...it is a hose that is hard to get to...and like you say it is a small leak...about a tablespoon or two every 10 days ...so I am not going to worry about my leak until it gets worse... Too much to get to it...

ON your #2 ...My glow plug light has never turned off when I hold it to warm it up...I just hold it for about 10 or 12 seconds. and then start it up and it always has started..

Your #3 - mine is a gear tractor so I don't know about that. I don't have a reverse pedal...

Your #4...Yes that is to fill your hydraulic fluid and the dip stick to check it...but under the hood you also have another fill point for your power steering....

/ NH TC30 with a few problems to work out. #3  
I have recently purchased a TC30 and have a few small problems I'd like to get worked out....
3. There is a orange lever right next to the reverse pedal that I have no idea what it is for. Its paint is worn, giving the indication that it has been well used. Any idea what this is for?

On my TC34, that is where the parking brake catch is located. Push hard on the brake pedal, then try pulling up on your orange lever. If you feel a click and the brake pedal stays down, then it is also the parking brake on your TC30. (To release the catch, just push the brake pedal again.)

/ NH TC30 with a few problems to work out.
IMG_1283[1].jpgIMG_1276[1].jpg

For #1 -brin - what hose is this called if you know, or what does it control? I'd like to open her up and fix it. It seems like its coming from a panel behind the engine. I have included a picture of the underside leak for what its worth.

For #2 - So the glow plug timer is more of a relay than a timer it would seem. What can be done about the faulty connection? Is there a replacement molex or does an entire wiring harness need to be replaced?

mvwicker - solved #3 the mystery lever, this is indeed the parking break. You are not kidding you must hit the pedal hard before this will engage.

brin - Solved #4

Also, I have a leak from the front axle, call this issue #5. I've included a picture of this leak as well. How bad is this repair? Open it up and RTV it?

/ NH TC30 with a few problems to work out. #5  
#1 - It is a hose to the power steering tank under the hood...a small leak like that is annoying so when you fix yours come and fix mine...:)

#2 - I don't think anything is wrong on our tractors...it seems to me it is only the models after the TC series that have the glow plug go out after holding the key so long....Jim,,,Jinman will know for sure...he will probably see this thread.

#3 - Sorry....I should have known that ...yes it is the parking brake release..

#5 - I have not had a front axle leak yet...can't be too bad to repair ..probably a gasket or o ring.

/ NH TC30 with a few problems to work out.
I have pulled apart the dash and found the power steering pump had a line repaired. The good news is this is not where the leak was coming from. It seems the leak is from the oil pan, or from in between the engine block and the transmission. The oil leaking is somewhat clear, and pretty sure its not oil. I've cleaned the offending area with hopes this will show where the leak is.

Also cleaned the front axle with hopes this leak was from a previous owner filling.

I still have the issue of the glow plugs not coming on with the key turned until the hood is opened and the molex is wiggled on the timer.