FEL Loader bucket repair metal?

/ FEL Loader bucket repair metal? #1  

Claytonfarms

Tractor
Ford 550 TLB
Recently purchased a Ford loader, the FEL bucket edge is very worn. I have a few snow plow cutting edges 6" x 1/2" x 8'. Could I use this? I got a few of them cheap a couple of years ago and never used them. There is approx 3 inches of the old edge left on the bucket. I was going to weld the plow edge to bottom of bucket, weld the back and run a bead down the front top side of the old bucket edge. Maybe some plug welds thru the bolt holes in the plow blade.

The only thing I know about the plow edges is that it is the correct length and it is sold as high carbon steel. I have used one on a snowplow and it seems to last.

If the snowplow edge is not good, does anyone have a source for inexpensive bolt on or weld on cutting edges?

I am mostly only using the loader for dirt and snow moving.

Thanks

/ FEL Loader bucket repair metal? #2  
if you can get it fastened on than call it good... I'm using a unknown blade for a improved edge on my box blade...

/ FEL Loader bucket repair metal? #3  
I have a few snow plow cutting edges 6" x 1/2" x 8'. Could I use this?
I got a few of them cheap a couple of years ago and never used them.

That will work, esp if it already has a bevel on one edge. This "plow steel", a hot-rolled tough
alloy, is very pricey at the tractor dealer. You did well to find some, reasonably priced. I found
some at a steel disti/recycler.

When you weld, space your "stitches" out to avoid warping the blade.

/ FEL Loader bucket repair metal? #4  
Been there and done that a few times, it'll work fine. As Dfkrug suggested space your stitches and take your time, it WILL warp otherwise.