F700 sitting for over 8 years.

/ F700 sitting for over 8 years. #1  

dirtbikekid1090

Tractor
Deere
My uncle said that I could have his 1970's f700 dump truck if I could get it into operational condition. The sort behind it is, it has been sitting next to the barn for 8-9 years not stared or any thing. It ran when it was parked we just never used it.
I know that I will have to get a new battery and new plugs and spry some oil into each cinder and probably rebuild the mater cylinder. My question is do I have to do any thing to the hydraulics. Any other start up tips would be nice. I know small engines well just have never done any thing like this with a full size engine.
Thanks

/ F700 sitting for over 8 years. #2  
Other than checking the fluid level and making sure that there isn't any water/condensation in the tank and doing the things you already said, I would give it a whirl and see what happens. You'll find more problems as you get things moving, but those would be the things that I would do "preventative" maintenance on. You don't want to spend too much.

/ F700 sitting for over 8 years. #3  
Fresh gas and check all the belts and hoses for dry rot. might have to replace some to get it cranked.

Those old trucks will run till the wheels fall off!