Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

Default Aquilion MPC chains...

Anyone have them? I have a paved driveway, and ice chains are too agressive. I run Vbars on the plow truck, and they are not too bad on the asphalt, but the MPCs look to be a good US made compromise for traction and non destructive to pavement.

Also looking for a source for them, can't seem to find anyone online that sells them, only the Aquilion site.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Default Re: Aquilion MPC chains...

I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Tractor
    B3030HSDC

Do you mean Aquiline MPC chains?

I have a kubota B3030HSDC with a front snowblower and a 1200 foot asphalt driveway. I was sold on the Aquiline MPC chains for two main reasons: they are supposed to be gentile on asphalt and concrete, and they don't sink into the tread of my R4 12.4x16 tires. I bought a set last year and they lived up to all my expectations; they are great chains. But the sizing (1116AMPC) was wrong and the two sets I used (I exchanged the first to see if they were mislabeled) were horribly mis-sized; they sagged so badly they looked like a rapper with baggy pants!

My Kubota tractor dealer from whom I purchased them, and the local distributor ( Welcome to Wallingford's Inc. - Logging Supplies and Tire Chains ), worked with me over this past summer and last month they delivered to me a new set (12416AMPC) that fit perfectly. Note the new model number!

I would not hesitate to get these chains if you have the same conditions I have; they are a bit more expensive but they are excellent. Just be sure you know how to install them (they are a bit different) and you have return rights if they don't fit correctly.

N. Fowler

PS Shop around; I think you can find a better price than what's on the website listed in a previous post in this thread.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Aquiline's, at least in our area, are not that easy to find. If you can shop around for a better price I sure would like to know where they came from. The Aquiline MPC chains have very good reviews on asphalt. I bought my Aquiline Talons from the link I posted. Aquiline's are expensive. The shipping is expensive. I paid $165.00 to have my 160 pounds of chains shipped. These are excellent chains and well worth the price. I checked out Wallingford's Inc. They seem to be a distributor and do not sell to the public. At least at the time I purchased mine three years ago.

Tractor
    B3030HSDC

I got mine from my kubota dealer as I said earlier, and last summer I paid considerably less than the $558.82 listed on Whistlepig's referenced website for 1116AMPC. I paid no shipping.

Also note: the website doesn't have the new 12416AMPC model number for 12.4x16 tires.

Wallingford's is the sole distributor in the NE, I think, perhaps for the whole US. Their main office is just outside Waterville, Maine. If you go to their website, and look under "Contact Us" you can get a listing of their dealers, also their email address.

Excellent chains.

YMMV,

N. Fowler

Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

Got my chains yesterday, local spring and chassis shop got them for 445. Pics to follow later.....

Wallingford's service was SUPERB......I emailed them asking about the chains and a help finding a local dealer, by the time I got home that day there was a call from McLeods in Barre VT. They already knew the size of chains and the model I was interested in from the email I sent Wallingfords!

Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Nice set up. I am very partial to chains on snow. I have the Aquiline Talons. Having all gravel driveways the Talons work for me. You have tucked these in very nicely and safety wired them. That takes a little time. I do this also. Well worth the time and effort for me.

Sorry I missed your thread last month. If so I could have told you that McLeods sold them. Last summer I noticed a display they had in the showroom. I almost went with that style of chain but ended up with the more aggressive talon style. I was told that the MPC chains are a special harden steel (that's why they aren't cheap) designed to handle the force and torque of a skid steer. I bet you get decades of use out of them.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer