Mitsubishi mt372

/ Mitsubishi mt372 #1  

Soots

Tractor
mt372
Hello I'm new here, hope I can find help. I found Diesel in crank case. both cylinders were trying to fire, so I think I can rule out a a busted cylinder. will fuel pump let fuel pass into block?

/ Mitsubishi mt372 #2  
You might get a quicker answer in the Mitsubishi/Satoh forum. Generally though I think a lot of diesels have an oil seal in the injection pump. If it goes bad, diesel can get into the crankcase.

/ Mitsubishi mt372
thanks oliver,
There is a line coming from the fuel tank to a squarish gizmo, with two lines coming out, one to each cylinder. Would that squarish gizmo, (I think that is the real technical name) would that be the injector pump? As you might guess my profession is not mechanic. Soots. (Rick.)

/ Mitsubishi mt372
well, it sounds like I need a new injector pump. any help out there?

/ Mitsubishi mt372 #5  
Your hypothesis seems like a good one. If you don't have a manual here are a few pertinent pages about the injector pump. They are photos of my manual, the best I can do. IMG_2035.jpgIMG_2032.jpgIMG_2033.jpgIMG_2034.jpg

/ Mitsubishi mt372
Thank you Skylarkguy, I'm on my iPhone now and can't read pages, later I'll check it out on my laptop. Is there another way for fuel to get into crank case?

/ Mitsubishi mt372
Can I remove injector pump, send it to a shop for rebuild, then reinstall it? What problems should I be looking for. I replaced many fuel pumps, water pumps, etc, years ago on 283's, 305's and such. Those were not problems. One mechanic warned me of "shims, it might not line up right". Was he trying scare me so I would hire him to do the work?

/ Mitsubishi mt372 #8  
I don't know a thing about your tractor, but just some general diesel knowledge.

The repair shop will set the pump at Top Dead Center. You must set the motor to TDC before reinstalling the pump. Then of course you'll have to deal with bleeding air from the fuel lines. Other than that it should be easy.

/ Mitsubishi mt372
Thanks DT86;
I pulled pump and have it in a bucket. I'll find someone in Orlando tomorrow. I'll gladly take anymore advise and ideas. Thanks Rick.

/ Mitsubishi mt372
Does anyone have a recommendation for an injector pump rebuilder in Orlando, Ocala, or Central Florida?