Stupid mistake with Diff Lock.

/ Stupid mistake with Diff Lock. #11  
In my limited, and always learning experience, I would agree with Bird on this one... I have done as you have done... tried to turn with the Rear Diff lock engaged... .... the long and short of it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif you don't turn so well... it becomes apparent rather quickly and then your brain gets into gear relative to what you shouldn't be doing.... I really doubt you did any damage. While the couple times I have made this mistake were on soft grass, I can't imagine it doing any damage unless you are really abusing the heck out of it on hard pavement .... in which case I'm sure your tractor will be telling you... don't even think about any effective turning... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Stupid mistake with Diff Lock. #12  
I don't see any problem i thought it only locks rear differential the front differential will still be differentiating and most it could do is cause a longer turning distance and maybe stress on rear drive not sure on that though.

/ Stupid mistake with Diff Lock. #13  
I think that if you engaged the lock on a hard surface and then went fast enough while turning it could cause mechanical damage if the traction was so good the wheels didn't spin. I wonder if at speed it might even tip the tractor. Other than that wheel spinn means no parts failure.

/ Stupid mistake with Diff Lock. #14  
... hard on the mechanism, maybe some increased wear, difficulty in turning, all yes, but break something, I don't think so. Pretty sure the tire is going to slip/spin before much of anything else happens.