Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

Default Re: Bushing extraction

Support your bucket so it doesn't drop and hurt you when it comes loose and then use a Sawsall to reach between the dipper stick and bucket ears to cut the bucket loose. Once the bucket is out of the way use the Sawsall to split the bushings in a couple of places and then collapse them and knock them out with a chisel.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Bolens HT-20

Is there bushing material on both sides? I've run across situations where there were two bushings on one pin. I wonder if that may be the case...where both bushing 'halves' managed to work their way out. Or...just another thought here, could the whole bushing stack have worked through enough? That is, the outer bushing may have slid to the bucket as the bucket bushing slid to the other side?

Tractor
    Ford 2120

I believe that the wrong size bushings were used (i.e. too 'long'). I've taken it to my 'dealer' (a local guy who sold me the tractor), and he's going to remove them.

By the way, my account has disappeared twice, so I'm the 'Poster' in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12