Tractor
    JD 4310, MFWD,E HYDRO

Default Hydralic hose question

Last night I broke the hydralic hose end connection off of my stabilizer arm on my backhoe. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I had a new one made and my question is do I have to do anything special to reinstall? Bleed air out or will it just work out on it own? The only fluid I lost was what was in the hose.
    JMAC

Default Re: Hydralic hose question

Nope---Just put the hose on---check your fluid level and your ready to go. You might get a little hesitation at first because of the air in the hose but work the cylinder once or twice and you will be in good shape. Im not sure how big your backhoe hose is but tighten the fittings snug but dont overtighten them because you can crack the flange if you get really carried away. Glenn

Silver Member

Default Re: Hydralic hose question

One mechanic I know suggests cleaning the inside of the hose prior to installing. His feeling was it's not worth running all the little bits of rubber, wire pieces and other junk (usually get some inside during the cutting process) through the system to the filter. If the hose is small enough, a blast of air from the air compressor will work. Larger hoses might require pouring some hydraulic fluid through them to clean out the junk. I don't know if it really makes a difference, but it doesn't take but a few minutes either.