JD 4120 antifreeze leak

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #1  

D4120

Tractor
JD4120
Just took my 4120 to shop for coolant leak. After reading some posts, this appears it might be a leaking timing cover gasket. Just wondering if anyone has had luck getting JD to cover the cost since it's a known issue with the gasket on the 4120. It's an '06 with 650hrs. I know it's out of warranty and I may be forced to eat it but I'm gonna try. Any suggestions??

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #2  
Unless there was some kind of recall, you will have to cover it. You are just too far out of warranty.

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #3  
D4120 said:
Just took my 4120 to shop for coolant leak. After reading some posts, this appears it might be a leaking timing cover gasket. Just wondering if anyone has had luck getting JD to cover the cost since it's a known issue with the gasket on the 4120.

Where did you see that this is a known issue? I have a 4720 and will have to watch out for it. No problems yet.

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #4  
Where did you see that this is a known issue? I have a 4720 and will have to watch out for it. No problems yet.

Apparently, if atleast 1 other person posts about it, it may be a known issue.

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #5  
I do believe there is a thread going about a 4x20 with similar issue.

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak
I just googled the issue and it returned a few different sites and comments from others with the same problem. I've not heard for sure from the shop but I'm afraid this may be the case with my 4120. I couldn't pinpoint the leak, just that it was originating from above the water pump somewhere and running down the face of the block. Sounds like a simple fix......wrong, look at this image posted by another. If there is a thread going, where would I find it?

http://www.********************.com/equimages/5190988.jpg

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #8  
Put some spaces between the words in the link, we can put it back together.

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak
If you google antifreeze leak 4120, click on the 3rd link it returns and you'll see a picture someone has posted of their 4120, less the ENTIRE front end. ****, that seems like a lot of work to repair a coolant leak......just saying. Thanks guys for the replies.

/ JD 4120 antifreeze leak #10  
If you google antifreeze leak 4120, click on the 3rd link it returns and you'll see a picture someone has posted of their 4120, less the ENTIRE front end. ****, that seems like a lot of work to repair a coolant leak......just saying. Thanks guys for the replies.
I would ask for sure, cannot hurt. You getting a quote on the repair cost?