JD 6430 MFWD will not engage

/ JD 6430 MFWD will not engage #1  

HMEHEREFORDS

Tractor
John Deere 6430 standard
Out of the blue my 6430's MFWD will not engage. Someone suggested weeds may have ripped a wire off underneath but have not been able to locate a suspect wire. Also checked fuse panel diagram and everything looks ok there. Anybody have any experience with this. I need to do some chisel plowing before we go to the NAILE Tuesday!

/ JD 6430 MFWD will not engage #2  
MFWD is typically spring applied and hydraulically disengaged. Your 6430 is not likely to be different. Lack of MFD is not likely to be caused by an electrical or hydraulic fault, but will result from a mechanical failure within the system.

/ JD 6430 MFWD will not engage
RickB, thank you for responding. What is the electrical MFWD switch on the side console activating/inactivating?

/ JD 6430 MFWD will not engage #4  
RickB, thank you for responding. What is the electrical MFWD switch on the side console activating/inactivating?

A hydraulic solenoid valve. Regulated circuit pressure applied to the MFWD clutchpack holds it in the disengaged position. Removing electrical current from the valve and oil from the clutch allows the spring to engage the clutch.

/ JD 6430 MFWD will not engage
So possibly a broken spring? I am assuming since the dash light does not come on when I flip the switch on there is a signal not being sent back to it.

/ JD 6430 MFWD will not engage #6  
RickB is correct, Belleville springs are used to engage MFWD. It is possiblle your solinoid has failed, it allows pressurised oil to keep the MFWD clutch pack released. If it does not shift the spool of the MFWD valve to block the pressured oil, the Belleville springs can not engage the clutch pack. So you need to check the solinoid, if it checks OK, check the valve it controls it might be seized up.