Need help with my 1949 Massey Ferguson TO 30. Not starting!

/ Need help with my 1949 Massey Ferguson TO 30. Not starting! #1  
Tractor
1950 Ferguson TO20
Hello,

This is my first post. Nice Form!

I am having trouble with my Massey Ferguson Tractor. She was working fine all the way through the weekend. Last night I left the key in the "on" or "start" position (two clicks to the right) all night long.

I went to roll it over in the morning and nothing. Took the battery out and charged it. Hooked terminals back up and still nothing! Battery is holding a charge no problem. My cylinoid is now heating up when leave key in start position for few minutes. The Positive terminal cable or head/post I should say is heating as well.

So last night I jiggled, poked, and scratched my head for hours. Then disconnected the battery just to make sure I do no further damage and there she sits.

Has any one encountered these problems before? Is there a way to go about fixing it? Any subjestions as far as diagnosing or trying to solve the issue?

Thanks for everything,

PJ

/ Need help with my 1949 Massey Ferguson TO 30. Not starting!
OK ***update***

Went down and hooked the battery up to take a try at it. She rolled once then stopped. Nothing. When I continued to try and start the tractor the terminal make an electrical noise and seems to be heating. We hooked it to the battery charger and it is now only 9% charged. Have it on the charger now and going to let it go to 100%..

I wonder if it is just my battery or is this something in this electrical loop based on the cylinoid heating last night and now this electrical smell/sound at the terminal. Will update when I try again.

Watching as well for any ideas.

Thanks

/ Need help with my 1949 Massey Ferguson TO 30. Not starting! #3  
Something's discharging your battery. Could be a short in the solenoid. Could be a short in the starter winding. Solenoids are cheap, so I'd try replacing it. If the problem continues, check the voltage regulator. I'd pull the starter, disassemble it and look for evidence of burnt insulation.

/ Need help with my 1949 Massey Ferguson TO 30. Not starting!
Thank you for your reply. Im going to check out the starter now and look up where to get this cylinoid. =) Will keep posting updates.