Ky basketball

/ Ky basketball #1  

Ky basketball

Tractor
Kubota 1860
My Agri-cutter Model 203 serial number 001042 shears bolts off faster than I CAN REPLACE THEM.
It has a small oil leak but there is plenty of lubrication in the gear box.
My small rough cutter does not have a clutch in line, is this the problem?

/ Ky basketball #2  
My Agri-cutter Model 203 serial number 001042 shears bolts off faster than I CAN REPLACE THEM.
It has a small oil leak but there is plenty of lubrication in the gear box.
My small rough cutter does not have a clutch in line, is this the problem?

Be sure to not start the cutter while under load. Engage the pto slowley. Go down a gear. Raise your cutting height. Some times you can go up one grade bolt and be ok. A clutch would be best of all worlds. Ken Sweet

/ Ky basketball #3  
Also, do you have debris in the field that you're hitting?

Ken

/ Ky basketball #4  
Anything jammed in the mower.

/ Ky basketball
I don’t know what happened to the cutter. I bought it used and it worked fine for the first year. The next year it had an oil leak and I tighten down the bolts thinking that it was just a leaky gasket.
Then the bolt sheared. Got a new bolt same grade at Tractor supply and it sheared it also. After that I started buying bolts by the handful I would get a few passes mowed and then I had to bring it in and put in a new bolt then go back to work. I did not change the height or any thing from the first year. The plastic safety guard had melted and I cut it off. I am through this year and will not be using it until spring I would like to fix it this winter.
Thanks for the greetings from everyone it made me feel at home.

/ Ky basketball #7  
I don’t know what happened to the cutter. I bought it used and it worked fine for the first year. The next year it had an oil leak and I tighten down the bolts thinking that it was just a leaky gasket.
Then the bolt sheared. Got a new bolt same grade at Tractor supply and it sheared it also. After that I started buying bolts by the handful I would get a few passes mowed and then I had to bring it in and put in a new bolt then go back to work. I did not change the height or any thing from the first year. The plastic safety guard had melted and I cut it off. I am through this year and will not be using it until spring I would like to fix it this winter.
Thanks for the greetings from everyone it made me feel at home.

Since it only started after you tightened the bolts, is it possible you have the gears setup too tight that causes running hot and in a bind?

/ Ky basketball #9  
How did the plastic shield melt off? Was this caused by excessive gear box heat? If so then it sounds like you might have some major gear box problems.