ford 3000 hydraulic problems

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems
would you think that an air leak would have to be above the oil level in reservoir since it does not leak when engine is stopped?

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #12  
may only leak with a few psi suction..

Having trouble determining what kind of seal is in suction line at reservoir and at pump. Ford dealer has no info on pump nor does NH. Would like to order seals before dis-assembly . Anyone have info on gear type engine mounted pump? hydraulic pump 1.jpghydraulic pump 2.jpg not sure that this is source of air leak but seems a likely spot to start.Thanks for looking.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #14  
My understanding is that there are a few different ways the hoses can connect to the pump, and the seals are different as a result. Haven't done it, just passing on what I have read. You may need to just get it apart, then order the parts.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #15  
i think i'd spray both areas clean with brake cleaner.. wipe up good with clean paper towel.. then put some clear silicon liberally over both fittings and allow to cure. make a bead completely covering the nuts and pipe to sump..

this is atest.. not a fix.

after curing for a couple hours.. go run her for a few minutes and see if the oil foams. if so.. keep looking.. if not.. then peel the rtv off and disassemble and repair.

Thanks, sounds like a great idea, I will give it a try this weekend.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #17  
where should i check the pressure on the lift system i rebilt my pump and now my
lift wont work.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #18  
you CAN pressure test by chaining the upper lift arms to the axle trumpet and then screwwing in a 3000 psi gauge into the plug hole on the top of the 3x5 cover on the hyd cover. if there is a wydro valve ther einstead.. just adapt a QD to fit the valve with gauge and non chaining needed.. just pressurize the port the gauge is in.

that said.. 'pressure' may not be your issue.

first.. ensure flow. pull that plug and see if you have oil there cranking over or running.

if yes.. and no lift.. sticky unloader is a possible cause.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #19  
FYI I ended up solving this same problem on my 3400. Ended up being a pinhole in the hard suction line on the outside of chassis that caused the chatter. Temp fixed by getting a piece of rubber and a hose clamp on it (low pressure). Leak was so small I couldn't even see it (hard area to see), but that definitely was the problem and all the issues with the 3pt stopped when I put it on.

My leak was in the part of the line just to the left of your right foot as you sit on the tractor. The lines make an abrupt 90 degree and had been touching each other in that location, i'm sure vibration eventually wore through the one. Got a piece of rubber between them to prevent it in the future.