ford 3000 hydraulic problems

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #1  

lcarver

Tractor
ford 3000
Hi folks, I am new to this site also new to this tractor. I have tried to repair the hydraulic lift with only minor success. it still has a very bad chatter when lifting a heavy implement (box blade 810Lb) have installed lift cover kit, cleaned suction filter, replaced return filter and adjusted per manual,
control valve and position valve. checked unloader valve.Help!

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #2  
Did you replace the O ring a washer on the piston?

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems
yes it was part of the lift cover kit. thanks for the response

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #4  
I've had to change the oil in my 3000 before and it helped because of moisture. Theres also a draft control lever and a speed control knob which I think acts as a flow control valve to adjust the speed in which the arms raise. sometimes the knob turns but does not actually turn the valve. If your tractor has the aux. valve the problem could be there. It sounds like you have a lack of oil flow.

Thanks, I will check it out this weekend it does have the valve.thanks for the info

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #6  
I am having an identical problem on my ford 3400, which has the same rear hydraulics as the ford 3000 as far as i understand. I just replaced the same things you did, even got the suction filter out and got it completely clean, cleaned out the whole rear end etc.

I'll list a few ideas, I've already checked these on mine to no avail but maybe they will help you:

- Draft control knob screwed mostly back in? (You would have had it all the way out if you adjusted cam follower height like me, and it would barely lift deliberately as a result).

- I read to only use the FNH unloader valve o-ring, as that part is sized critically and cannot be replaced with a standard o-ring. I used the correct part though, and still have this problem. The correct o-ring does not come in the standard lift cover o-ring gasket set so it could trip you up. I don't know exactly what the unloader valve does, so I'm not sure if this would even cause this problem though.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, please let me know if you find a solution as it might help me with my problem (i'll do the same for you). Currently my lift takes over 20 seconds to raise.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #7  
G'day I have just had a similar problem at work and we tracked it down to the o ring where the suction pipe goes into the pump ( piston pump mounted on the bellhousing), you can check this by squirting a bit of oil round the baqk of the pipe where it goes into the pump and see if this improves your hyd ( the suction is the bigger of the two pipes ).

Jon

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #8  
thanks for the idea on the pump o-rings, I may give that test a try tomorrow

Checked flow control valve operation this past weekend seems to slow down lift speed but lift still chatters when raising implement, lift also bobs
when lift is stopped at any height.My tractor has Transmission brake and gear type pump serial # starts with B so must be British model, oil in lift looks like coffee with cream when running must be air in hydraulics, oil looks fine several hours after shut down, has been changed twice with what dealer calls "303" type oil. I am going to try putting oil around suction line at pump today and see what difference it will make . Thanks for all the info.

/ ford 3000 hydraulic problems #10  
oil that looks emulsified at working, but fine after setting is sucking air and foaming.. i'd deffinately be looking at that external line to the pump