Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: fixin it wile its broke

if that's under the dry bellhousing portion of the casting forward.. closer to the engine that the rear of the tranny.. you've already been told what it is.

it's a bellhousing weep hole for utf from a tranny input shaft seal to leak thru.. or for the rear main to leak thru.. there should be a cotter pin in there to jingle around and keep the hole open.. if it clogs.. oil builds up and soaks your 350-550$ clutch and ruins it.

first thing you need to do is get an owners manual, parts manual, and a service manual and become familiar with your machine.

refer to unknown parts by proper name or part number makes the people helping you search less and give you more correct and direct info vs fishing for data.

that said.

if it's a 'dripping leak.. determine if it is utf.. if it is.. it's fromt he tranny.. if so.. check the fill level plug on the right side of the trans and make sure it is not overfull.. if it is overfull it will surely leak out the input shaft seal.

if not that.. it is engine oil.

if a dripping leak.. I'd put a piece of carbooard under it till it needed fixing.

if it is a stream or pouring out.. or a fast drip.. then repair according to issue.. IE.. repalce clutch and service input shaft seal.. check flywheel and ring gear. if rear main.. you will be dropping the pan..

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Furakawa 351

What I would do is take a large flat file and be sure the cover plate is flat, be sure the transmission housing is flat, and everything is clean, the gasket you can make one out of any piece of cardboard, about 1/16 thick. A parts box or a cereal box work, take a thin piece of paper and cut the gasket to the inside of transmission hole and bolt holes as a tracing. Put that on the gasket and do not worry about the outside. Use as thin a layer of Loctite 5699 ultra gray silicone, wash the mounting surfaces with solvent, while the solvent is still damp, bolt it together. Use hand tools and be gentle, spin the bolts in then in stages to the final torque.
    Solvent reacts with silicone and when the solvent evaporates the silicone sticks secure and stable. That is how the mount the gear clusters in Class eights.
    When it is all done then trim the outside, of the gasket, refill the transmission, wash it off with Gunk citrus, not the foam, engine cleaner and a preasure washer is best, run to test.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by Johnp33 View Post
    What I would do is take a large flat file and be sure the cover plate is flat, be sure the transmission housing is flat, and everything is clean, the gasket you can make one out of any piece of cardboard, about 1/16 thick. A parts box or a cereal box work, take a thin piece of paper and cut the gasket to the inside of transmission hole and bolt holes as a tracing. Put that on the gasket and do not worry about the outside. Use as thin a layer of Loctite 5699 ultra gray silicone, wash the mounting surfaces with solvent, while the solvent is still damp, bolt it together. Use hand tools and be gentle, spin the bolts in then in stages to the final torque.
    Solvent reacts with silicone and when the solvent evaporates the silicone sticks secure and stable. That is how the mount the gear clusters in Class eights.
    When it is all done then trim the outside, of the gasket, refill the transmission, wash it off with Gunk citrus, not the foam, engine cleaner and a preasure washer is best, run to test.
    SoundGuy has already answered this and the OP removed the plate and it is not a liquid sealing plate.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

you've just given the op the way to ruin his 350-500$ clutch! Good job!

that weep hole is there for a reason! to leak oil out to keep clutch dry AND to let you know there is a rear main or tranny input shaft seal leak that you need to REPAIR.. not HIDE. !!!!!

soundguy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnp33 View Post

Silver Member
    Tractor
    600 ford

am not trying to hide anything i am trying to make sure i get this fixed right i don't want to accidently run out of oil so i try and fix a problem when i see it not just patch it im a retired mechanic and i know what hiding a small problem will cause .

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by allen6634 View Post
    am not trying to hide anything i am trying to make sure i get this fixed right i don't want to accidently run out of oil so i try and fix a problem when i see it not just patch it im a retired mechanic and i know what hiding a small problem will cause .

my reply was to johnp33 re: the advice he gave you to just gasket and goop the hole up...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    600 ford

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    my reply was to johnp33 re: the advice he gave you to just gasket and goop the hole up...
    im sorry i didn't relize that it was not ment for me i would like to thik that other people will see it and relize that im not in to that kind of "repaires"

Silver Member
    Tractor
    600 ford

i would also like to ask you a question, have you ever seen or heard of the cam plate that is on the back of the motor leak oil? i have a nasty oil leak and i think it might be the cam plate .

Tractor

where is the oil leak at? post a picture..

Silver Member
    Tractor
    600 ford

it runs down the very front of the transmission i thought it was a rear main seal so i put a new seal in didn't slow the leak at all, i will be spliting this tractor to repair/ replace the clutch so im looking for any idea as to what i need to look at closer wile it is appart.can't post pic camera isn't with me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast