fixin it wile its broke

/ fixin it wile its broke #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
i have a 600 ford this tractor has a few oil leaks and i am trying to get them sealed, my first question is where would i start my tractor is a 4 spd it has a thin small square plate of metal on the bottom of my transmission , i took the plate and found a plastic bag with duct tape i have no idea what thia is and how to go about finding a seal or gasket , does anyone know what this is ? thanks.

/ fixin it wile its broke #2  
I would start by finding out where its leaking. The plastic bag and ductape sounds like a hack job repair.

There is usually a weep hole in the bottom of the bell housing. It is probabally leaking their and thats why they put a bag and ductape on their.

If it is leaking from that hole, it is most likely either a rear main seal or a transmission input seal. You can usually tell by the color, smell, or viscosity of the fluid comming out of their.

/ fixin it wile its broke
i'm sorry i must not have been clear enuff the leak is from a small square hole in the middle of my transmission it is leaking utf ( this is in my trans and hyd system) so im lost at where the leak is from it colud be my hyd oil or my tranny oil i know it is not engine oil i have looked in th hole and i can't see any point where the leakn could be from. this is the reason for my post im getting ready to replace the clutch and i was going to fix this leak wile i had the tractor split but i don't know if the leak could beon the rear end.

/ fixin it wile its broke #4  
Can you post a picture of the square hole? I am unfamiliar with where that would be.

/ fixin it wile its broke #5  
Sounds like another job for SoundGuy as he is the resident professor on old Fords.

/ fixin it wile its broke #6  
i have a 600 ford this tractor has a few oil leaks and i am trying to get them sealed, my first question is where would i start my tractor is a 4 spd it has a thin small square plate of metal on the bottom of my transmission , i took the plate and found a plastic bag with duct tape i have no idea what thia is and how to go about finding a seal or gasket , does anyone know what this is ? thanks.

The plastic bag is for collection of spare parts, do not lose or misplace. Just joking why would someone put in plastic bag in the transmission?

/ fixin it wile its broke #7  
Would #15 in the exploded view look to be the plate you mention? This would be the Hydraulic lift sump cover. The part number for the gasket for that plate is NCA898A. About $10 through your New Holland dealer.

001NHNA-19979.gif

you know i see stuff like that around here alotit never suprises me at what some people will do to "fix" things

well i went out and took a pic of the plate i'll try and post the pic DSC00476.JPG

well i went out and took a pic of the plate i'll try and post the pic View attachment 288795 i took the plate off there is nothing in there.