Tractor
    Exmark

Default Exmark 72 Lazer Z with kubota 3 cylinder engine

Hi All,

I have just recently purchased a Exmark 72 Lazer Z with a 3 cylinder kubota Diesel. The engine Model is D-902

I have a few problems with the mower, but I knew of them when I purchased it. Apparently the engine has a blown head gasket. I ran the mower to drive it off the trailer, but I cleaned the oil out and flushed the rest of the milky oil out with some clean oil.

When the tractor is started it blows a lot of smoke and it is sweet smelling, therefore I concluded that it has a blown head gasket.

The problem for me is that I do not know how to take off the head, to replace the head gasket. It unfortunately isn't as easy as replacing the one on my Hudson with a Flathead engine.

How easy is it to take off the head? And also what is the type of valves, ie Push rod, OHV, ect.

Thanks, Paul

Default Re: Exmark 72 Lazer Z with kubota 3 cylinder engine

G'day and pretty straight forward job if you have some mech skills I'm sure your engine is pushrod ohv but it just means a few more bolts to undo. When you get the head off get it checked thoroughly for cracks as unfortunately I have found those little engines are prone to cracking badly if they have been a bit warm and I know over here they are horribly expensive.

Jon