How to fix a choker cable?

/ How to fix a choker cable? #1  

JD 4520

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4520
I have this choker cable that I would like to put a loop or something that I can hook a chain to but not sure how to fix it with a loop. Any ideas?

image-3118626971.jpg

/ How to fix a choker cable?
Okay, pretty simple would say.

/ How to fix a choker cable? #4  
If you use the wire clips... Remember, "Never put a saddle on a dead horse... " Meaning the u-bolts should be on the dead end of the wire rope loop.

/ How to fix a choker cable? #6  
Toss it and buy new.
Ditto, by the time you get a couple of clamps it wouldn't be that much more to get a new one. Not to mention, the clamps would be a royal pain in the backside...Mike

/ How to fix a choker cable?
Willl said:
Toss it and buy new.

Didn't think of that as I most always fix things. Where would I find a new one and what should I expect to pay?

/ How to fix a choker cable? #9  
3 -30 foot chokers with loops in craigs list for 30 dollars , not everything has to be brand new or from a store !

/ How to fix a choker cable? #10  
Sleeves - MS51844 - LexcoCable.com
Wire Rope, Aircraft Cable, Cable Assemblies | Lexco Cable
Wire rope clips pictured earlier would work if you saddle them right.( use two spaced slightly appart from each other.
they are cheap
I have swagging tools to apply wire cable ends.
you can purchase threaded ends, sleves balls....
if you have a contractor in your area with swaging tools that will assist you I included links to a wide variety of end available(eyelet,threaded...)
I'm lucky I have a local fastner dealer a stones throw from my house he stocks chockers, rivets, bolts, shackles, swagging ends, chain........
Tom