QUESTION FOR PATU CHIPPER OWNERS **ANYONE ?? **

/ QUESTION FOR PATU CHIPPER OWNERS **ANYONE ?? ** #1  
Tractor
NH TC40DA w/all options except ss
Does your unit have grease fittings on the two shaft bearings that support the cutting disc?? I must be blind, because I can't find them on mine and the parts manual shows a zerc fitting on each bearing. My unit is the larger DC 65. I'm thinking that the top bearing support shell has to be removed and the bearing packed manually. I posted this question in the Attachments section, but got no responce. There has to be a member here that owns this chipper. Thanks.

/ QUESTION FOR PATU CHIPPER OWNERS **ANYONE ?? ** #2  
I did reply to your earlier private message. I'm not sure if you got it. Here is what I said:

On mine, I had to install the fittings. The holes were drilled and tapped and there was a small plastic plug in place. I removed the plug and installed the grease fittings. They are metric and I believe 10 mm threads on mine.

The chipper is great and very well built. The only issue I have with mine is it can plug up if I chip too much twiggy material. Best of luck with it and let me know if you have any more questions.

If you need a picture or I can help otherwise, let me know. It's certainly possible that you have a different type of bearing and sometimes metric bearing don't have grease fittings. The shaft on mine is 50 mm.

/ QUESTION FOR PATU CHIPPER OWNERS **ANYONE ?? **
Hi Brant: I replied to your original private message to me. Thanks for your help. I see you own a NH boomer tractor. How do you like it so far? I bought mine brand new. So far, no complaints. Only problem I have right now is the front bucket creeps down on me, even empty without a load. Have to investigate that. Kind of annoying when using forks for loading. I was told there is an adjustment on the bucket control valve that might need attention. If I can't figure it out, there's always this place. Excellent tool for solving probs and saving money. Keep in touch. Pete

/ QUESTION FOR PATU CHIPPER OWNERS **ANYONE ?? ** #4  
Glad you have it figured out. As for the support legs of the chipper, I beefed them up soon after I got it. The chipper sat a bit low for me and the legs seemed flimsy and tended to sink into the ground. I added a 2x3 piece of steel tube under each leg. I welded a piece of angle to the tube and bolted the angle to the chipper legs. This has worked well for me. If you need a picture, I can get one.

My NH tractor has been great in the 11 years I've had it. I had a few minor issues that seem to plague nearly everyone, but otherwise it's still going quite strong. As for your bucket, it's almost has to be the loader valve leaking internally or maybe (but less likely) an internal cylinder leak. The loader valves are not the greatest quality. Mine leaks down a bit, maybe 6 inches or less an hour so it's not too bad.