Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

Default Re: Socket set help

I guess a permanent marker is out of the question, lol.
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Quote Originally Posted by sox3 View Post
    I use a Label Maker and make my own stickers. You can change the font size, label color and replacement is easy. He can also label just about anything
    to make it easier to see. I also use different color labels on the metric and american sockets. Purchased at staples.
    That is an awesome soution! I have thought about getting one for other purposes but, this adds another use to thie list and I might actually be able to justify it.

Anyone remember the old "Dymo" label maker with the wheel on top?
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor
    LS 3039H

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked_on_HP View Post
    You can buy sochet holders like this from Sears. The socket size is on the top of the post.Attachment 290131

you can also get the harbor freight holders a lot cheaper and to me better they hold the socket the other way so you can see the open end of the socket the color lettering i did myself ,

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RAYJAY View Post
    you can also get the harbor freight holders a lot cheaper and to me better they hold the socket the other way so you can see the open end of the socket the color lettering i did myself ,

What did you use to make the letter label?
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms
    Does anyone know of some sort of markings that could be attached to these sockets?
    I've used a color code.
    Pick four colors of nail polish and mark the sockets, reusing the four colors over and over. The scockets that are of the same color will be too diferent in size to confuse them.
    Dan H.

Tractor
    LS 3039H

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    What did you use to make the letter label?

i do decal work on the side, do a lot of car club stuff and small runs that the sign guys don't really want to touch

Jeff

Tractor

i do decal work on the side, do a lot of car club stuff and small runs that the sign guys don't really want to touch

Jeff
    That's pretty cool- always nice to find something that needs to be fulfilled. Maybe think about doing tool labels/ custom work for memebers. You have to be careful about "advertising" but if you posted pics of your projects- might generate interest.

Tractor
    LS 3039H

Quote Originally Posted by CBW1999 View Post
    That's pretty cool- always nice to find something that needs to be fulfilled. Maybe think about doing tool labels/ custom work for memebers. You have to be careful about "advertising" but if you posted pics of your projects- might generate interest.
    not advertising at all.

its just something i started doing because i was in a truck club, and was getting stuff made for meets /awards /ect.ect. and it took for ever getting the decals made most of the sign guys don't really want a small run of 10 to 15 decals or less, so started making them myself

jeff

Tractor

not advertising at all.

its just something i started doing because i was in a truck club, and was getting stuff made for meets /awards /ect.ect. and it took for ever getting the decals made most of the sign guys don't really want a small run of 10 to 15 decals or less, so started making them myself

jeff
    sorry- wasn't suggesting you were advertising, just mentioning because of site rules.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    My tractor is an old MF

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms View Post
    I have been looking high and low for something for Xmas for my BIL. His eyesight is getting worse and he has a great snap on tool chest. The sockets are giving him fits. He can't see the markings. I know new sets have bigger markings but that is a substantial investment. Does anyone know of some sort of markings that could be attached to these sockets?
    An alternative to buying him a new set of tools is purchase some florescent orange hobby enamel paint and rub into the stamped numbers on the sockets and wrenches. Wipe off any excess. It make the sizes show up really well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast