Socket set help

/ Socket set help #11  
I guess a permanent marker is out of the question, lol.
David from jax

/ Socket set help #12  
I use a Label Maker and make my own stickers. You can change the font size, label color and replacement is easy. He can also label just about anything
to make it easier to see. I also use different color labels on the metric and american sockets. Purchased at staples.

That is an awesome soution! I have thought about getting one for other purposes but, this adds another use to thie list and I might actually be able to justify it.

Anyone remember the old "Dymo" label maker with the wheel on top?

/ Socket set help #13  
You can buy sochet holders like this from Sears. The socket size is on the top of the post.View attachment 290131

you can also get the harbor freight holders a lot cheaper and to me better they hold the socket the other way so you can see the open end of the socket the color lettering i did myself ,

harbor%20freight%20socket%20holders%20labeled%20005%20%28Medium%29.jpg

/ Socket set help #14  
you can also get the harbor freight holders a lot cheaper and to me better they hold the socket the other way so you can see the open end of the socket the color lettering i did myself ,

harbor%20freight%20socket%20holders%20labeled%20005%20%28Medium%29.jpg

What did you use to make the letter label?

/ Socket set help #15  
woodlandfarms said:
Does anyone know of some sort of markings that could be attached to these sockets?

I've used a color code.
Pick four colors of nail polish and mark the sockets, reusing the four colors over and over. The scockets that are of the same color will be too diferent in size to confuse them.

/ Socket set help #16  
What did you use to make the letter label?

i do decal work on the side, do a lot of car club stuff and small runs that the sign guys don't really want to touch

Jeff

/ Socket set help #17  
i do decal work on the side, do a lot of car club stuff and small runs that the sign guys don't really want to touch

Jeff

That's pretty cool- always nice to find something that needs to be fulfilled. Maybe think about doing tool labels/ custom work for memebers. You have to be careful about "advertising" but if you posted pics of your projects- might generate interest.

/ Socket set help #18  
That's pretty cool- always nice to find something that needs to be fulfilled. Maybe think about doing tool labels/ custom work for memebers. You have to be careful about "advertising" but if you posted pics of your projects- might generate interest.

not advertising at all.

its just something i started doing because i was in a truck club, and was getting stuff made for meets /awards /ect.ect. and it took for ever getting the decals made most of the sign guys don't really want a small run of 10 to 15 decals or less, so started making them myself

jeff

/ Socket set help #19  
not advertising at all.

its just something i started doing because i was in a truck club, and was getting stuff made for meets /awards /ect.ect. and it took for ever getting the decals made most of the sign guys don't really want a small run of 10 to 15 decals or less, so started making them myself

jeff

sorry- wasn't suggesting you were advertising, just mentioning because of site rules.

/ Socket set help #20  
I have been looking high and low for something for Xmas for my BIL. His eyesight is getting worse and he has a great snap on tool chest. The sockets are giving him fits. He can't see the markings. I know new sets have bigger markings but that is a substantial investment. Does anyone know of some sort of markings that could be attached to these sockets?

An alternative to buying him a new set of tools is purchase some florescent orange hobby enamel paint and rub into the stamped numbers on the sockets and wrenches. Wipe off any excess. It make the sizes show up really well.