Socket set help

/ Socket set help #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I have been looking high and low for something for Xmas for my BIL. His eyesight is getting worse and he has a great snap on tool chest. The sockets are giving him fits. He can't see the markings. I know new sets have bigger markings but that is a substantial investment. Does anyone know of some sort of markings that could be attached to these sockets?

/ Socket set help #2  
   / Socket set help #3  
   / Socket set help #4  
My uncle had the same problem... Bought a craft magnifying glass on an arm from Michaels and fastened it to the side of the tool box. It was always there when he needed to check a size, or for lots of other small tasks. I've mounted one near my workbench for those times I just don't want to squint.

/ Socket set help #5  
You can buy sochet holders like this from Sears. The socket size is on the top of the post. 00959849000-1.jpg

/ Socket set help
Buck, that is some seriously nice organization. And a great idea.

I think in the end it is going to be a combination of the stickers and the stands. Once you take it off the stand you have no clue what size it is if you are working with multiple sizes (you got a pocket full of sockets like I often do).

/ Socket set help #9  
I use a Label Maker and make my own stickers. You can change the font size, label color and replacement is easy. He can also label just about anything
to make it easier to see. I also use different color labels on the metric and american sockets. Purchased at staples.

/ Socket set help #10  

Do you have these and how have they held up? My eye site is fine, but I really like the idea of bigger, easier to see labels on my sockets. Both to find them easily, and to know when my Dad has put them out of order. Maybe he will be able to put them where they belong if he can see what size they are?

Thanks,
Eddie