Silver Member
    Tractor
    1900 Ford

Default Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader

It is leaking pretty good, pretty much shot. What is suggested?

The front end loader is a Johnson Workhorse. Tractor is a 1900 Ford.

Thanks in advance, Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader-valve-tractor-19002-jpg   Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader-valve-tractor-jpg   Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader-valve-tractor-1900-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1900 Ford

Default Re: Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader

Pictures

Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader-valve-tractor-1900-jpg

Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader-valve-tractor-19002-jpg

Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader-valve-tractor-jpg

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader

Is the vavle working OK other than leaking? Is so, just reseal in or have a hydraulic shop do it if your not comfortable trying to do it. If there are other porblems besides the leak it may need a different valve.
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Is the valve working OK other than leaking? Is so, just reseal in or have a hydraulic shop do it if your not comfortable trying to do it. If there are other porblems besides the leak it may need a different valve.
    Last edited by SSdoxie; 11-23-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: dup,icat post
    Dennis

CT225 w/7TL QA FEL, 60"tooth dirt bucket, 68" smooth bucket, Pallet Forks, Bale Spear. Hydrualic top llin, QH, 48 RC, 60" tiller, Angle blade, Landscape rake, Carry-all, Post hole auger.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1900 Ford

One problem, sometimes rarely I'll push forward to go down and it jumps up for a second.

Also, can't push it all the way forward, have to work it a little to get "full power" to like pick up the front end of the tractor. Probably isn't even full power considering I can't push it much forward. If I push it all the way forward it will just loose pressure. Could be a seal problem?

I want to fix it cheap and have it work ok. I'm going to use this tractor a couple more times and sell it, don't want to spend a lot and don't want the future buyer having an immediate problem though.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520

Other than the leaking, it sounds like you need a hydraulic fluid, filter change and clean the screens. It sounds like you are losing pressure do to this. A small leak isn't generally enough to cause the problem you described.
    Gary

JD 4520, 400X FEL, Frontier Front Blade, Box Blade, Rotary Cutter, Landscape Rake, 48" Wildkat Grapple and PHD

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1900 Ford

No not a small leak, it is pouring out, like it use to drip and as it has got worse so has the leak to the point of a stream of fluid coming out now. Which I guess whatever was dripping gave away and it started pouring out when I used it last.

Might be due for a fluid change and screen cleaning though, couldn't hurt. I think it has around 30 hours on the last change.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

If your valve leaks fluid, it could be a number of things.

The spool could just be worn out, and most spools can not be replaced.

If the spool has o-rings, they can be replaced. However, they only seal the bypass fluid from the spools.

The spool that looses pressure when pushed fwd, is probably a float spool and is supposed float the bucket.

Where is fluid pouring out, a fitting, a hose, a crack in the valve block, a check valve, a relief valve.

Your spool spring centering assembly might need some work.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1900 Ford

I'll have to fire her up and see.

Thinking this job surpasses my expertise. Going to bring it to a shop but I know what to expect now.