Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader

/ Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader #1  

joe t

Silver Member
Tractor
1900 Ford
It is leaking pretty good, pretty much shot. What is suggested?

The front end loader is a Johnson Workhorse. Tractor is a 1900 Ford.

Thanks in advance, Joe

Attachments

• valve tractor 19002.JPG
    valve tractor 19002.JPG
    619.1 KB · Views: 568
  • valve tractor.JPG
    valve tractor.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 631
  • valve tractor 1900.JPG
    valve tractor 1900.JPG
    564.1 KB · Views: 799
   / Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader
Pictures

valve tractor 1900.JPG

valve tractor 19002.JPG

valve tractor.JPG

/ Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader #3  
Is the vavle working OK other than leaking? Is so, just reseal in or have a hydraulic shop do it if your not comfortable trying to do it. If there are other porblems besides the leak it may need a different valve.

/ Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader #4  
Is the valve working OK other than leaking? Is so, just reseal in or have a hydraulic shop do it if your not comfortable trying to do it. If there are other porblems besides the leak it may need a different valve.

Last edited:
One problem, sometimes rarely I'll push forward to go down and it jumps up for a second.

Also, can't push it all the way forward, have to work it a little to get "full power" to like pick up the front end of the tractor. Probably isn't even full power considering I can't push it much forward. If I push it all the way forward it will just loose pressure. Could be a seal problem?

I want to fix it cheap and have it work ok. I'm going to use this tractor a couple more times and sell it, don't want to spend a lot and don't want the future buyer having an immediate problem though.

/ Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader #6  
Other than the leaking, it sounds like you need a hydraulic fluid, filter change and clean the screens. It sounds like you are losing pressure do to this. A small leak isn't generally enough to cause the problem you described.

No not a small leak, it is pouring out, like it use to drip and as it has got worse so has the leak to the point of a stream of fluid coming out now. Which I guess whatever was dripping gave away and it started pouring out when I used it last.

Might be due for a fluid change and screen cleaning though, couldn't hurt. I think it has around 30 hours on the last change.

/ Need a new or to rebuild the 4 way control valve for my front end loader #8  
If your valve leaks fluid, it could be a number of things.

The spool could just be worn out, and most spools can not be replaced.

If the spool has o-rings, they can be replaced. However, they only seal the bypass fluid from the spools.

The spool that looses pressure when pushed fwd, is probably a float spool and is supposed float the bucket.

Where is fluid pouring out, a fitting, a hose, a crack in the valve block, a check valve, a relief valve.

Your spool spring centering assembly might need some work.

I'll have to fire her up and see.

Thinking this job surpasses my expertise. Going to bring it to a shop but I know what to expect now.