Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    New Holland TC-45

Default Re: To Bleed or Not To Bleed ???

I sure hate it when I'm wrong.

You folks were right all along. It's all working now. line re routed, everything back together. Need to split some old water hose & clamp it on the rub points & I be done.

Thank all of you.
    ::"I STARTED out with nothing....I still have most of it."

New Holland TC45 1,300+ hours - FEL - back hoe - post hole digger - Hydraulic Gannon - cement mixer - pressure washer - 1975 Dodge 500 flat bed - 1974 chevy C65 6 yard dump truck.
    All home made by me. loading forks - 2 drags - roller - Sheep's Foot - Pusher (to unload flat bed truck.) - pickle fork digger - Log splitter -

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Good news Crash
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota L2550GST(4wd), Mitsubhish MT160D (4wd)

Awesome thread everyone. As a city guy moved to the county w/ a kubota tractor, backhoe, loder package I just replaced my first hose on the backhoe. Made me think of my 69 Olds 455 w/ 4 wheel standard shoe brakes. and I became very adept and bleeding. I was about to go make a mess and I think I know just to connect and go! Thanks everyone for a awesome forum! I could not fix the stuff I have with out you.
    JJ Countryguy (I keep trying anyway).
    Ohhh- And my wife is the same- classic city girl. So she became a bit distrssed when I started grabing uncut fire wood sections to prop and jackstand a dissasemmbled Backhoe. I told here Welcome to farming mechanics & repair 101. She game me that look guys. :-) anyway, She is now quite happy w/ the $500 we saved from the dealer repair est. Love it!~ going to dig by Dinner time. GB And stay safe.

Tractor
    A couple

The big difference between a tractor's self-bleeding hydraulic system and a car's non-self-bleeding brakes is that on a tractor the hydraulic fluid is constantly in motion, and the return fluid (oil & trapped air) dumps into a large sump where the air can escape from the oil.

On a car, the air bubble is trapped between the master-cylinder and the brake-cylinders in a system that sees very little fluid movement. When you press on the brake pedal, the fluid and the bubble are being forced away from the master-cylinder reservoir; therefore the bubble doesn't have an opportunity to float to the top and escape into the reservoir.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123