Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Default Re: Parasitic load on battery

You're going to have to help me out a smidge more than that. Where is the 60 amp fuse? When you say ring terminal, do you mean the connector on the end of the fat wire coming off the alternator that isn't the molex connector?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

OH! The fuse is in-line, isn't it? That's why the fat wire goes into a plastic housing with a connector on it, doesn't it?

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabardwell View Post
    You're going to have to help me out a smidge more than that. Where is the 60 amp fuse? When you say ring terminal, do you mean the connector on the end of the fat wire coming off the alternator that isn't the molex connector?
    Ring terminal, yes the big wire terminated in a ring terminal, on a post with a nut to hold it on. I am not sure where your slo blo fuse is since I am going by the "wrong" manual for your machine, I am looking at a DK35/40/45 shop manual. But on mine it is wrapped up in the wireing harness on the left side of the engine about midway, just in front of and slightly above the starter. But I don't know it that will help you any.

You really need the shop manual..
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

OH! The fuse is in-line, isn't it? That's why the fat wire goes into a plastic housing with a connector on it, doesn't it?
    That sounds like it.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

When I tested to see if the alternator was the source of the drain, I disconnected the ring terminal and the molex connector. I would think that would do it, no? In that condition, I still saw draw on the negative post of the battery.

(Technically, I didn't disconnect the ring terminal. After about 5 inches of wire, it goes into a plastic housing that has some kind of connector at the end of it. I simply unplugged that connector, instead of un-bolting the ring terminal.)

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

When I tested to see if the alternator was the source of the drain, I disconnected the ring terminal and the molex connector. I would think that would do it, no? In that condition, I still saw draw on the negative post of the battery.

(Technically, I didn't disconnect the ring terminal. After about 5 inches of wire, it goes into a plastic housing that has some kind of connector at the end of it. I simply unplugged that connector, instead of un-bolting the ring terminal.)
    Oh, Ok, that should do it..so the leakage is somewhere else. The starter key switch has battery voltage on it. You can pull and unhook it, to see. while all of the other fuses are pulled too.
    James KUA

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Pull the starter relay too, it has battery voltage on it.. That is about all that is not fused by panel fuses. Again I am going by the "wrong" service manual.. I assume your tractor is similar, but I doubt it is the same.
    James KUA

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Josh I am going to hang it up for tonite.. Hope you get it diagnosed and fixed
    James KUA

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Josh I am going to hang it up for tonite.. Hope you get it diagnosed and fixed
    Thanks, James!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Will do.

If there was a short between the positive post and the fuse box, I don't think I would see current at the fuse box, would I?
    You are not looking for a short, you are looking for an approximately 100 ohm resistance to pull the 120ma. load. This load would not even begin to drop any voltage anywhere on any of the other circuits, you would not notice it at all. But in 2 weeks, it could drain your battery.
    James KUA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast