Parasitic load on battery

/ Parasitic load on battery
You're going to have to help me out a smidge more than that. Where is the 60 amp fuse? When you say ring terminal, do you mean the connector on the end of the fat wire coming off the alternator that isn't the molex connector?

OH! The fuse is in-line, isn't it? That's why the fat wire goes into a plastic housing with a connector on it, doesn't it?

/ Parasitic load on battery #13  
You're going to have to help me out a smidge more than that. Where is the 60 amp fuse? When you say ring terminal, do you mean the connector on the end of the fat wire coming off the alternator that isn't the molex connector?

Ring terminal, yes the big wire terminated in a ring terminal, on a post with a nut to hold it on. I am not sure where your slo blo fuse is since I am going by the "wrong" manual for your machine, I am looking at a DK35/40/45 shop manual. But on mine it is wrapped up in the wireing harness on the left side of the engine about midway, just in front of and slightly above the starter. But I don't know it that will help you any.

You really need the shop manual..

/ Parasitic load on battery #14  
When I tested to see if the alternator was the source of the drain, I disconnected the ring terminal and the molex connector. I would think that would do it, no? In that condition, I still saw draw on the negative post of the battery.

(Technically, I didn't disconnect the ring terminal. After about 5 inches of wire, it goes into a plastic housing that has some kind of connector at the end of it. I simply unplugged that connector, instead of un-bolting the ring terminal.)

/ Parasitic load on battery #16  
When I tested to see if the alternator was the source of the drain, I disconnected the ring terminal and the molex connector. I would think that would do it, no? In that condition, I still saw draw on the negative post of the battery.

(Technically, I didn't disconnect the ring terminal. After about 5 inches of wire, it goes into a plastic housing that has some kind of connector at the end of it. I simply unplugged that connector, instead of un-bolting the ring terminal.)

Oh, Ok, that should do it..so the leakage is somewhere else. The starter key switch has battery voltage on it. You can pull and unhook it, to see. while all of the other fuses are pulled too.

/ Parasitic load on battery #17  
Pull the starter relay too, it has battery voltage on it.. That is about all that is not fused by panel fuses. Again I am going by the "wrong" service manual.. I assume your tractor is similar, but I doubt it is the same.

/ Parasitic load on battery #18  
Josh I am going to hang it up for tonite.. Hope you get it diagnosed and fixed

/ Parasitic load on battery #20  
Will do.

If there was a short between the positive post and the fuse box, I don't think I would see current at the fuse box, would I?

You are not looking for a short, you are looking for an approximately 100 ohm resistance to pull the 120ma. load. This load would not even begin to drop any voltage anywhere on any of the other circuits, you would not notice it at all. But in 2 weeks, it could drain your battery.