Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #1  

Liberty

We are trying to restore a great old tractor that belonged to a friend who has passed
away. It is an IH 4WD, everyone we ask say it is a _______ several possibilities but they
then go on to say, IH did not make a 4 WD in it. Clearly they did! Here is a photo, I would
love to know the model and the year. I am looking for a repair manual, if anyone knows
where to find one. Thanks, Liberty PICT0955.jpg

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #2  
Maybe a 464 or 574? Ken Sweet

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #3  
if you post the serial number of the tractor, I bet someone here could tell you exactly what you have.
Often found on a small metal ID plate, sometimes on rear of tractor, sometimes in center.

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #4  
Not sure what model the tractor is, but the front wheel assist / four wheel drive is most likely aftermarket and made by the Elwood Manufacturing Company.

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #5  
Or it could be a 4 wd unit from "Kimco" in Japan. (Komatsu International Manufacturing Co), who had a partnership with IH from late 60's until early 80', and manufactured under license 454E, 576 & 676 IH tractors for local Japanese market only!!

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #6  
   / Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #7  
Yes that is correct!! This was the standard 4wd axle for the 84 series tractors built @ Doncaster U/K from1978 to 1982, 85 series changed to an axle of ZF manufacture.

World wide dealer launch for the 84 series was held in Tunisia.

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor
Thank you all for your replies, the photo that Cyrush posted is very similar for the 784.
My fenders are different. The model plate on the side of the tractor is so worn from
people climbing on and off it is not readable. I don't see any numbers on the back of the
tractor. Is there any other way to identify the model and year and horsepower?
I am glad to learn of the origin of the FWD, the photo Cyrush posted is the same axle.
Was this tractor sold in the US or only in Japan. Thank you for all of your replies. Liberty.

/ Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #9  
I came across one. Having starter solenoid problems.(burned up). Can't find one. Does any one know of a replacement starter or solenoid? Hate to make modify the solenoid, Wife said I cannot make a paper weight out of it.

Last edited:
   / Please Help identify this International Harvester Tractor #10  
one other thing. Can't the motor number. what part would it be on?