husquvarna 445 problem oiler

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #11  
In my Husky, there are tiny ports near the tip to lube the tip sprocket with grease. I keep a tiny grease gun for that purpose in my case, and each time I fill up with oil, I give the tip a spurt of grease.

My saw doesn't seem to put out very much oil compared to what I am used to either. Sometimes in hard wood, if it worries me, I will lift the chain and add a few drops to the chain track when I refill.

But my actual usage is in line...seems to use ~ 3/4 or a bit more of the oil tank per fuel tank full.* Also, after each refilling of both, I run the saw at speed with the tip pointed toward a stump (or something) and soon the chain will start throwing a bit of oil on the stump. Once that happens, I go to cutting and I don't worry about it again until I run out of gas.

*The instructions tell about the tip sprocket grease port on my saw, and it tells that there is enough oil in a full oil tank to run until out of gas. Sure enough, when I refill, the oil always has some left, though the gas was empty.

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler
i grease my tips also my husk dosnt though any oil thats the problem.im still waiting for husk to call me back i will call again monday to see if they will do anything for me.

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #13  
Something to check. Take the bar off the saw, measure from the top of the bar studs to the bottom of the oil slot on the saw. Now measure the distance between the top of the stud slot and the bottom of the oil hole. do they match. I have seen two bars in the last three years where the bar hole was drilled too low, causing a partial blockage of the oil hole in the bar.

As a dolmar dealer I shut down the distribution of all 3/8 20" chainsaws and bars for the western US. something like 8000 bars were drilled wrong.

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #14  
There is no harm in making the hole bigger.

And make sure the hole is indeed in the right spot.

As a dolmar dealer I shut down the distribution of all 3/8 20" chainsaws and bars for the western US. something like 8000 bars were drilled wrong.

Are you still a dolmar dealer??

Always good to see another "dolmar guy" on the board. Dealer or otherwise

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #15  
Something to check. Take the bar off the saw, measure from the top of the bar studs to the bottom of the oil slot on the saw. Now measure the distance between the top of the stud slot and the bottom of the oil hole. do they match. I have seen two bars in the last three years where the bar hole was drilled too low, causing a partial blockage of the oil hole in the bar.

I have a husky saw and have had it service about four times always thinking it was the oiler pump the problem. Each time it was cleaning and it would work for one or two gas tank fills. I ended up buying a Dolmar saw and it has been worth the money. Just got the Husky back but haven’t tired it since it was "cleaned again” I am using a 455 with a 20” bar. Only cut firewood for our home and have cut around 10 full cords with the Dolmar with zero problems. Recommend the saw for sure.

Wayne

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler
tuvm for info yes it did check that there is about .062 of oil port to oil hole oppening, one thing i noticed the oilhole is much smaller and dosnt go through the bar like my echos i compared both saws the drive part that goes in slot is much more visable through the oil hole in the bar than it is on the husk im thinking its a poor dezine the link is not pulling enough oil to bar through that small hole or pump or the pump isnt pumping enough, that why i said if im stuck with saw i mite mill hole a little bigger maby make small slot.

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #18  
There is no harm in making the hole bigger.

And make sure the hole is indeed in the right spot.

Are you still a dolmar dealer??

Always good to see another "dolmar guy" on the board. Dealer or otherwise

Been a dealer since 2008. Had two dolmar bars that were incorrectly drilled. One sold to customer and a new one on the shelf. Had an Oregon bar on a stihl that was also incorrectly drilled for location.