husquvarna 445 problem oiler

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #1  

sal64

Platinum Member
Tractor
jd 2320 jd 990 jd950
hello all about a yr ago i posted a oiler problem with a bran new 445 husqvarna, witch i returned to lowes and got another 445 put it away for the winter, my wood was cut for the yr. started it up november to cut my wood for next yr had same prob first tank of gas, witch was oiler working not getting to the blade cleaned everything tried again same problem took it back to lowes they sent it out to a otherized dealer they said no problem found so i tried it again with a piece of cardbord on the ground the oil is working it drips on my foot when i engage the blade the oil should spirt out from the tip and it dosent, like my other two echos, so i called husqvarna today they are going to check it out and get back to me. my question is has anyone had same prob? any oppinions would be appreciated,

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #2  
I like Husky saws but I have found that the oilers on that series of saw with .325 X 50 guage bars and chains clog very very easily. All it takes is to cut one piece of rotten wood where you get saw dust instead of big clean chips and it gets stopped up with oil caked sawdust around the sprocket and in the bar. A dull chain will do the same if if makes sawdust instead of chips.
Make sure you are using 10 wt or winter bar oil. When you take off the sprocket cover to clean it all out make sure you take the bar off too and drag a stiff wire thru the chain groove on the bar to get all the crud out. I use a wire from an old chimney brush. Then make sure the oil port holes from the side of the bar up into the center of the groove are clear. Clean it often. As soon as the chain starts to run a little dry take it apart and clean it. It is a pia but the only way I know.
I convert all my saws to 3/8 X 58 guage they don't seem to clog nearly as easily. The groove is fatter and the chips bigger.

gg

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler
tu for the replie the bar is perfictly clean the oil dosnt spray out drips on my foot did some reserch on utube it a common problem with some husquvarna saws $300. saw

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #4  
I wonder why does dealer say it is OK ??? Must be frustrating.
If it drips on your foot you must have a leak. If you took it apart to expose the oil pump you would be able to see where it is dripping. Probably the hose where it press against the tank opening behind the oil pump. Try to reseat it and use a smiggen of Gasoila pipe dope around the hole. Here is a good parts guide. Look at clutch and oil pump section.

Parts and Diagrams for Husqvarna 445 (2009-02)

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #5  
Modern saws do not visibly oil a lot anymore. The real test is to see that you go through about 1/2 - 3/4 tank of oil per tank of gas (on a saw that size).

the otherized husquvarna dealer says it ok the oiler works fine , witch it dose. i took it apart checked to see if it seats right and it looks good the oil comes out the proper spot just dosnt get to the blade or the blade isnt pulling it to the tip. i just took it apart again and the hole in the blade were the oil goes in is very small if im stuck with the saw i mite try to mill the hole a litter bigger to get more oil in the blade if the blade is not hardend. tu for the diagram.

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #7  
I used to sell chainsaws, and ones I sold had only two small holes for bar oil to lube the chain. The chain dogs (the part that is in the bar) would get a small amount of lube and it would simply drag it around the bar. It doesn't take much, and it doesn't take a whole series of evenly disbursed oil ports, etc.

/ husquvarna 445 problem oiler #8  
Modern saws do not visibly oil a lot anymore. The real test is to see that you go through about 1/2 - 3/4 tank of oil per tank of gas (on a saw that size).

THIS^^

the holes are very small on ny husk my echo the holes are much bigger i tried it again with lighter weight oil as gordon sugested i still wasnt getting enough oil ,the bar and chain are clean,i can make about a doz cuts the the blade starts heating and dosnt cut right did some reserch its a comon prob with some husk saws.