kubota 185 wont start

/ kubota 185 wont start #11  
sounding like cable or connection so far..

/ kubota 185 wont start
Thank you for all your help guys...and I am amazed by the fast responses from you all. As it turns out it is a ground problem. I took the cable off. hooked right to the positive side of the battery and hooked the negative to the tractor grounded. same thing happened. strait to zero. I will begin trying to find out why the ground is no good tomorrow. its too dark tonite, and as we all know the tractor has to break down outside with the loader and blade all the way down, instead of inside my warm shop. Thanks for all your help you guys are awsome.

/ kubota 185 wont start #13  
Thank you for all your help guys...and I am amazed by the fast responses from you all. As it turns out it is a ground problem. I took the cable off. hooked right to the positive side of the battery and hooked the negative to the tractor grounded. same thing happened. strait to zero. I will begin trying to find out why the ground is no good tomorrow. its too dark tonite, and as we all know the tractor has to break down outside with the loader and blade all the way down, instead of inside my warm shop. Thanks for all your help you guys are awsome.

Hi, I don't know what you mean by what you said. But you certainly seem to have found something that is meaningful to you to work on and I am glad. It takes a great deal of care to write about electrical problems such that you know the other fellow will know what you mean. I struggle with it all the time, and I frequently fail to get my point across clearly. You have a meter, and the tractor right there too, and I wish you luck. Let us know of your success. If you have any questions though, I for one cannot comment in any way on the above post because I did not understand it from an electrical point of view.

/ kubota 185 wont start #14  
any word back?

/ kubota 185 wont start
Sorry i havnt had a chance to get back on the tractor. I will this afternoon.i will report back then.

/ kubota 185 wont start #17  
looking forward to it.

i too , didn't understand your comment above.

but clean places bat ground cable attaches too.. clean bat terminals and cable ends.. check for corrosion in wire.. check conenctions at solenoids and switches, and at starter post, and starter to chassis.

/ kubota 185 wont start
As it turns out it is a ground problem. I took the cable off the starter hooked right to the positive side of the load tester.and hooked the negative to the battery. The battery tested good. I took the Positive cable off the battery and put theload tester right on the battery. And put the negative side of the tester to the tractor ground. strait to zero. Does that make more sense?

/ kubota 185 wont start #19  
uh.. no...

/ kubota 185 wont start #20  
As it turns out it is a ground problem. I took the cable off the starter hooked right to the positive side of the load tester.and hooked the negative to the battery. The battery tested good. I took the Positive cable off the battery and put theload tester right on the battery. And put the negative side of the tester to the tractor ground. strait to zero. Does that make more sense?

Maybe...let me say it back...when you do a load test by connecting directly to the negative battery post and to the far end of the positive cable, you can drive a load through the tester. But when you connect the positive post and connect to the tractor frame, you can't drive a load through the tester, suggesting that the current won't go from the negative post to the tractor frame. I think that is what you are saying, and that sounds like a valid test.

I don't actually own a load tester, so I would not do that test...but it is a very good test if I understood correctly.