Protection against radiator corrosion?

/ Protection against radiator corrosion? #1  

davx

Tractor
Deere 4310 HST
I've seen it mentioned that the deere 4310 is prone to radiator corrosion due to the battery position. The tractor I bought this past weekend is no exception. I've been doing a tear down and thorough cleaning of all the systems. I was wondering if anyone found a good way to slow/stop this corrosive effect? 2012-12-09_15-03-01_239.jpg

/ Protection against radiator corrosion? #2  
Clean it all up, neutralize with baking soda, repaint and then replace battery with a good quality sealed top type. If there is room, I would try to put the battery in a plastic battery box like they use on boats. That should keep all the corrosive stuff inside the plastic box.

/ Protection against radiator corrosion?
I hit it with about a 1 cup to 1 table spoon solution / paste and it cleaned up good. Dried it out and hit the vulnerable spots with some rust/corrosion inhibitor. Probably time for a couple of squirts of some high heat paint.

It's very tight in there, not much room for a box. I've got a non-spillable sealed battery ready to go in, just need to come up with a suitable hold down since the new battery is slightly larger and doesn't have 'wings' for the screw down clamps to hold onto.