Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak #1  

dadspurg

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35 Turf special
Hello
New to the forum. Looking forward to all the information available. Having a little trouble finding a thread that addresses my issue so I'll post something here and see what happens.

I have a Massey Ferguson 35 Turf Special. I have a power steering fluid leak in the steering column, at the top of the column, just behind the steering wheel.
1) What are some typical problems associated with this sympton?
2) is this somewhat easy to fix?

Thanks
Ron, Fort Wayne, IN

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak #2  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs forum.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak
thanks.. i didn't know how to choose the correct forum.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak #4  
There is a seal at the top of the steering box where the column shaft goes in. It's not a hard repair, but it does take some time. I suggest getting a repair manual and looking at it first to see if you think you want to do the repair yourself of have someone else do it.

Ken

Thanks Ken... can you recommend a good place to purchase the manual?

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak #6  
Try Tsc, Jensales or Steiner tractor for a manual. You might be able to get the parts breakdown for free from Acgo parts books.

/ Massey Ferguson 35 Steering column fluid leak #7  
As Mike suggested those places do carry aftermarket service manuals, however I don't know if they cover steering gear repair. When I got the factory service manual for my 230 I found it on eBay for a good price, but still paid $60 or $70 for it, if I remember correctly. That was a while back. AGCO may still offer the manual, but I'm sure it will be a little pricy.

Ken

Thanks Ken/R