steel track trouble

/ steel track trouble #1  

doreen1

Tractor
johnn deere skid loader 317
I have a 2005 Johnn Deere skid loader . Steel tracks keep binding up and throw off . Blowing tires. What to do?

/ steel track trouble #2  
Where is it binding?
If it is track binding on the frame, you need wheel spacers or wider spacers.
Track is getting bound/kinked between the sections, then most likely you need all new pivot bolts and/or bushings. Some tracks use bolts with bushings others use a softer shoulder bolt without a bushing so the bolts wear faster than the track link.
Track tension is important too. Over the tires steel stracks should between 3/4" - 1 1/2" slack (natural sag) when laying a straight edge across top of the front to rear tire. Too tight can casue the tire to blow off the bead if a rock or hard dirt clump gets between tire and track. Too loose and track can flop coming around the tire and catch on the frame, then cuase it to push a tire off the bead. Too loose can also allow it to detrack.

/ steel track trouble #3  
Tracks are a pain in the butt in my opinion and rob a lot of hp. Tire drives are far superior in all but extremely wet/soft conditions.

/ steel track trouble #4  
At work, we foam filled the tires to prevent the tracks popping the tire off the rim.

/ steel track trouble
Thanks . I think u have answed my problem.