1953 Ford Jubilee

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #1  

boatail

Tractor
1953 naa
I have a !953 Ford Jubilee and it was working great when I parked it , 2 weeks later I went to use it and it acts as if it is stuck in gear . It starts and when I let the clutch out it shuts off , I removed the top off the tranny and I can`t move anything ,it is locked up solid . Any suggestions would be appreciated

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #2  
Is it jammed in all the gears at one time?

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #3  
I had a simular problem on an Economy 2414 with twin tranny's, 1st tranny got stuck between 3rd & reverse. Had to remove shifter-fork assembly on top of transmisson, & free-up gear on syncro-shaft, with a small flat-bar. Found that the roll-pin that held the shifter-fork to the shift-lever snapped-off, luckily I had a spare tranny to steal parts from.

Shadow

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee
Is it jammed in all the gears at one time?

I am not sure , I jacked the tractor off the ground and the wheels turn , so it is not in the rear end , but I can't move anything at all inside the tranny , no matter how big a prybar I use .

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #5  
I am not sure , I jacked the tractor off the ground and the wheels turn , so it is not in the rear end , but I can't move anything at all inside the tranny , no matter how big a prybar I use .

How do the shifting forks look. One didn't break or a pin fall out and jam in between the gears.

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee
No everything looks fine I don't see anything in the bottom of the tranny , I drained the gearbox and everything looks fine .I somehow think it is stuck in 2 gears at once ,

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #7  
it is.

look at the exploded diagrams and figure out which 2 are engaged.

probably is at elast one of the gears it was driven in last.

soemtimes the shifter forks are damaged or set screws slip.. or the shifter nub is worn and slps ( weld up to fix ).. in any cast.. get rear jacked up and use a bar and rotate engine BACKWARDS .. engine pressure is what locke dit up.. and you need to unwind it a hair to pry it apart.

this is best done with 2 people.. one manning a pry bar and the other manning the engine backwards pipe.. :)

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #8  
Hi Boattail If you have the top off, look at the slip spots where the forks fit in, Use a pry bar & centre the slip housing between the gears on either side. Or disengage the PTO in case it is stuck /seized. Let us know how you make out Thanks 8N Bruce

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #9  
i can't imagine the pto being the source to stall the engine. the bearing carrier would liekly disintegrate first.. that or the splined coupling would let go.. etc.. that's my gess anyway.

this classically sounds like 2 gear bind up.. and spinningthe engine a hair backwards and prying back to neutral on all gates is the key...

/ 1953 Ford Jubilee #10  
i can't imagine the pto being the source to stall the engine. the bearing carrier would liekly disintegrate first.. that or the splined coupling would let go.. etc.. that's my gess anyway.

this classically sounds like 2 gear bind up.. and spinningthe engine a hair backwards and prying back to neutral on all gates is the key...

Why wouldn't just stepping on the clutch cause the engine to be released?