64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #1  

RC Ford

Tractor
64' Ford 4000
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1964 Ford 4000. My tractor has the high Row Crop wide front end and I need to find the front axle pin and bushing. Checked several sites on the internet, but all I have found is for the standard front end, which carries a different pin and bushing. Anyone know where I might be able to find the parts I need? Going to try some more local dealers, but so far the ones I have checked with, didn't have or could get what I need. Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #2  
Might want to go here,New Holland USA - Tractors - Agricultural machinery - Combines, etc. and determine which axle you have. They show several for the row crop. Adjustable, and solid. You can copy and paste the part number to Google, and see if anything is available out there.

I saw a couple pins, one was in the 40 some dollar range, and one for another was like $354.00. If it were mine, I KNOW which one it would be..., LOL...

Bushings seemed to be around $76.00.

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #3  
Try Stiener Tractor. If you have a local Ford Fordson collecters club ask them.

Welcome to the forum.

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #4  
I've gotten parts for my 1963 ford 4000's from Messicks online and from the local tractor bone yards.

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #5  
yep.. hit the CNH parts site and then go to a 961 and lookup steering and front axle, then wide front.

( yes, you can get there by 4000.. but make sure you choose 4cyl.. etc. )

in the end.. i bet a machinist may be your best friend here.. :)

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts
Thanks for all the replies, Soundguy you are dead on. My son went and talked to a local dealer parts manager that knew what he was talking about. He told him the same thing you said, my 4000 has a 961 front end and parts are not available. Machine shop job should take care of my problem. Thanks again for the help.

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #7  
yep.. I figured as much. I've been thru a couple rowcrop front ends. the eariy 1 piece pedistals are even worse. hard to get seals and bearings for them now.. I'm going to have to contrive something on the 950 I need to rebuild. it's super sloppy up front..

Well I thought I would give an update on my progress. I haven't worked on it much till after deer season was over at the end of Jan. We got the front end down to where we need to get the axle pin and the stabilizer bar pin out. These pins seemed to be stuck pretty good. My question is does it make a difference which way they drive out. Both pins have a center mark dimple on one end. I know on a dozier track pin you would hit the end with the mark to drive out, not sure about my tractor. We have sprayed them good with PB Blaster hoping this will help. Next time the weather permits we may get the torch out and apply some heat around the pins. Ever who had this tractor before me welded the wide front end housing to the main frame or I would unbolt it and carry the piece to a press. I am in no big hurry, this is a project that my oldest son and I am working on when we have spare time together. Thanks for the replies.

/ 64' Ford 4000 Row Crop Front Axle Parts #9  
you mean hey welded the lower pedistal to the upper pedistal????!?!

deffinately use heat.

Yes sir, they welded the piece that supposed to bolt to the front end with 4 bolts. Not sure why they did that unless they broke the 4 mounting pedestals (spacers) where the bolts go through. Yea I figured lots of heat would help out on getting the pins out. Does it matter which way the pins drive out, toward the front or to the rear? This is going to be a learning process.