Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft??

/ Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Bought a used KKII rototiller back during the summer and the PTO shaft works fine until I lift it, whereby sometimes the two PTO shaft sections will come apart. Obviously it was sized for the tractor that it was originally on. I would like to see if I can locate another "tractor end" section like in the pictures, that is longer, so I can cut it down. I think if it had just about 2-3 inches of add'l length, it would do just fine. I know some will suggest to just buy a complete new shaft and start over. They are only $219 at TSC with the slip clutch, and the one I have is basically new, so I want to avoid that route! This is a pretty short PTO shaft setup, I think if I can get just a couple more inches of overlap with one section, it will be just fine. If it were a really long PTO shaft like on a BH or PHD, then I would agree it would probably be best to get a new one and start over. Any thoughts on where I can get new or used section at a reasonable price? It's the standard 1 3/8" six spline on the tractor end, and the other end is tri-tube. Not sure of it's dim's though.

PTO Shaft 001.jpgPTO Shaft 003.jpg

/ Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #2  
I thought you could buy a piece at TSC.

/ Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #3  
Check at a tractor or implement dealer - they must have cutoffs now and again. Cut square and butt weld.
Jim

/ Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #4  
I might be able to help you I have a used Magdelana (I belive that is what you have) that came off of my 4 ft KK bush hog. It was fine for when I had a B7500, but was too short for comfort on my larger Kioti. I bought a new complete shaft. If you want to this used Magdelana shaft 1 3/8 6 spline on one end and 1 3/8 round(I think, I would need to measure) with shear bolt on the other. If you are interested I can take pictures, I was thinking about $100 and you pay shipping. It would certainly be long enough and have to be cut down. Maybe we can work something out if you want.

James K0UA

/ Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #5  
They sell just the shaft pieces at this place ptoshafts.com

/ Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #6  
   / Where can I get this "half" of a PTO shaft?? #7  
What I did was put an overriding clutch on tractor PTO this gave me the extra I needed. I had the clutch but can be bought at tractor supply for about the same price as an extention. Hope this helps is working for me as I type.

W.C.