KUBOTA L4150 FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM

/ KUBOTA L4150 FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM #1  

JER2525

Tractor
MAHINDRA 2525
My L4150 suddenly went dead. While it will crank over, there is apparently no fuel getting to the injectors. My first thought was a new fuel pump. That did not work. It seems as if the fuel cam shaft is not turning since no fuel comes out of the fuel pump when the discharge hose is disconnected, therefore no fuel to the injectors. Any thoughts? Thanks.

/ KUBOTA L4150 FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM #2  
My L4150 suddenly went dead. While it will crank over, there is apparently no fuel getting to the injectors. My first thought was a new fuel pump. That did not work. It seems as if the fuel cam shaft is not turning since no fuel comes out of the fuel pump when the discharge hose is disconnected, therefore no fuel to the injectors. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Have you checked for blockage at the tank strainer or a restricted filter? Pump failure is the last place to look until after you have verified fuel delivery to the pump. Did you run it our of fuel? If so the entire system miust be bled from the filter though the pump and the injectors.

/ KUBOTA L4150 FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM #3  
Do you mean that the pump itself is not turning? Can you spin the motor with the pump removed to check for movement of whatever drives it (gear, I think)? I'd double-check the tank-to-filter-to-pump for clogs first though.

JayC

/ KUBOTA L4150 FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM
The problem was a failed front fuel cam shaft bearing, causing the fuel cam shaft gear to disengage with the idle gear. Repairs are underway.