Painting an Oliver 1855

/ Painting an Oliver 1855
The rattle cans I picked up from my local AGCO were branded AGCO and was produced by Valspar. It is an enamel for machineary. Am I taking a chance on using this?

/ Painting an Oliver 1855 #12  
In 1956 my Dad bought a Mobil service station and the Mobil distributor also had a farm. I don't remember what model his Oliver was, but I do remember that was the first time I'd seen a tractor that had two reverse grears. Sure was a great tractor.

/ Painting an Oliver 1855 #13  
When I purchased mine, the day my dealer delivered it, the driver backed off the truck and that chain fell off, he winched it on and took it back, I got it the next day. The only real problem I have had it hydralicfluid leaking into rear end, Its the PTO,I had to disconnect the two 1/4" lines and bypass it.
I have not tried Valspar paint, but Vansickle is junk. Yes 2 reverse and over/direct/under drive, this works great for moving snow in large parking lots.

I agree Dr Dave. The Over Under works great and will come in very handy. I like that I can shift on the fly between Under, Direct and Overdrive. I am sorting out several small leaks. Nothing bad enough that you can find puddled or even show on the ground under the tractor but a mist of oil on or around the PTO shaft area, the oil line to the oil pressure gauge and I think a little fuel leak under the tank. Again none are enough that you find spots or a puddle under the tractor but I will be checking O rings and gaskets for the next few weeks to dry everything up.

/ Painting an Oliver 1855 #15  
over/direct/under drive, this works great for moving snow in large parking lots

Never worked on a tractor in the snow:laughing: but it was sure handy when cutting/baling hay.

I will be finding this out come spring. I have 30 acres I am putting into grass hay for our horses. Plan on using my 1855 and my brother in laws attachments. I have a chisel plow that came with the tractor but my brother in law, the farmer, threatened me if I used in on the soon to be hay field. He says I will bring up so many rocks I would not believe it. The field had soy beans in it the last two years and corn the pervious 4 years. My wife and I have 5 horses and this year we are going to put up our own hay.