jd 5105 brake trouble

/ jd 5105 brake trouble #1  

borit

Tractor
jd 5105 ford 4610 ford 3000
My 5105 is acting crazy. One brake locks up when you mash the pedal, and the other will not work when you mash it. Can anyone please help !

/ jd 5105 brake trouble #2  
How many hours on it?

The first thing that I would look at is the adjustment and the linkage. Start easy. If one pedal is sloppy and the other is tight, then you're onto something. Also, making sure that the linkage is good all of the way is a big step.

/ jd 5105 brake trouble #3  
Here is an exploded view of a 5105 from JD parts page. Just wondering if that snap ring popped off the end of the brake cam..?? I'm guessing that shaft is splined. Everything else looks like basic linkages externally.

LVP1939________UN01SEP99.gif

/ jd 5105 brake trouble
Linkage looks fine, its weird the side that locks up has good firm pedal, the side that dont work has no pedal. Like brakes on a care when they need bleading. I worked the linkage by hand under the tractor and that brake still would not work. Looks like ill be tearing into it all.

/ jd 5105 brake trouble #5  
If the pedal is "limp" compared to the other one, something is disconnected. DJ54 has a good diagram for you there. Looks like the hunt is on.