Identify excavator tooth...please help me

/ Identify excavator tooth...please help me #1  

seymour

Tractor
Bobcat T190, MT55, E55, 430 ZHS
Hi there,

I had a local steel shop upgrade one of our bobcat buckets a few years ago. They put new wear strips and beefed it up and the owner of the shop convinced me to change to a different set of teeth. The ones he recommended were incredible!!! They lasted four years in hard digging in rock (approx 2000 hrs) WITHOUT BREAKING A SINGLE TOOTH!!! Anyhow we sold that machine and got a new one and the guy went out of business so I can't track him down to identify the type of teeth he used. Can someone please help.

The teeth were painted red when new (kind of purple-red) and they use a small rectangle pin that (believe it or not) was plastic! The pin got hammered gently in from the top and then to change the tooth you used a punch to pop the plastic pin out the bottom. The teeth were self sharpen ing and sort of rounded sides near the tips. I'll post a picture if I can find one of the spares that I had bought. Frantically searching all over our shop to find one. Please help. Thanks

/ Identify excavator tooth...please help me #2  
It sounds like he was using KingMet brand teeth. I have them on my larger excavator and they are one of the best tooth and shank combo I've ever had, I have Esco teeth on my smaller machine and they are just about as good also. Google KingMet to find a distributor or a company called Genalco here in the Northeast handles them as well. Good luck and hope this helps!

/ Identify excavator tooth...please help me #3  
I can't ID your parts specifically, but I've had good luck with the teeth I buy from Romac Industrial Parts. They have a whole list of Bobcat style teeth and an image of them if you click on the Item # listed in this table. Check out the Hensley style teeth. Check out the red/purple Hendrix style teeth on that first page too. They have a pin much like you're describing. All my teeth have number on each tooth. Do yours not have any markings? Sometimes the number can be key to finding a replacement.

/ Identify excavator tooth...please help me
Hey Tags,

Thanks for the info. You're right they were KingMet. Incredible teeth. Thanks for your prompt answer and sorry for the delayed reply (moved shop and offices over the 'holidays'). Thanks again and all the best

/ Identify excavator tooth...please help me #5  
Glad you got em' and glad I was able to help!