Frustrated with myself and tractor.

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #51  
Glad to hear you got it running. I have used Howells diesel treatment in all of my diesel engines, on a year round basis with good luck. Diesel fuel is effected by moisture and algie as the others mentioned. Using a treatment year round is a plus cause you never know how long it will sit, not being used. It sounds like the filter is just like mine, when I change it I never tighten it complete at first. If you let it loose and turn the shut off to on you will see if the bowl is filling properly. You will also see the bubbles coming out, then tighten up and wipe off. After starting watch for bubbles and leaks. If you ever need to bleed injector lines I always go to the one fatherest from the pump to start bleeding and that usually works for me. As others have mentioned keep the fuel tank full as possible, I usually try to park my tractor out of the sun, helps to cut down on condensation. Good Luck

/ Frustrated with myself and tractor. #52  
Forgot to mention, You can buy Howells at TSC or Wally World and most auto supply or truck stops.