Kubota B7100D Front wheel Ubolt to differential PINs - HELP!

/ Kubota B7100D Front wheel Ubolt to differential PINs - HELP! #1  

tombehringer

Tractor
Kubota B7100
HELP! I've owned my Kubota for 5 years and suddenly lost the front wheel drive while plowing snow. First time after years of farm work with my baby. I removed the front differential cover's 3 bolts and found the pin that holds the U bolt to the front differential sprocket was sheered off. Upon repair I found the hole that the pin goes thru does not seem to be the same diameter the entire way thru. It's more of an hourglass. Each side goes in about 3 mm and then narrows down to a smaller diameter. In other words, I can't push a pin all the way thru it unless the pin is much smaller than the holes of the drive shaft. Rather it seems it needs 2 pins (one on each side) that are shorter. So I did that and it lasted 2 hours and they came out.

What do I need to buy and how is this supposed to work? I also can't find metric pins so I need to get standard and grind them down or go to a dealer just to order a $0.99 pin? Does anyone have experience with this? I just figured a pin was stuck in the middle of the sprocket, but it just laughed at my titanium drill bit. Is a pin stuck in the middle and needs drilled out or is this the correct design? If so, I have no idea why it would be this way?

Tx

Tom B
Indianapolis, IN

/ Kubota B7100D Front wheel Ubolt to differential PINs - HELP! #2  
What type of pin is it? A solid pin or a roll pin?

Is there any way that the larger "ends" are wallowed out somehow and the center is the correct diameter? That was the first thing that came to mind when you said it had an hour glass shape to it.

/ Kubota B7100D Front wheel Ubolt to differential PINs - HELP!
it's a roll pin. I have the old one and it's 7 mm which fits into the wallered out end just fine but it stops. I can't believe it takes 2 shorter pins but I can't drill or push out the center. It's eating the most expensive bits I can find. That's not normal for a roll pin. Off to plow. May be a short trip with the hilljack repair I did. Hope I get to the end of the driveway at least... check back in a while. Tx for the reply. Tom

David, nope... Lasted 1 minute and broke again. Still looking for answers. ugh...

Found another post that is may be TWO different pins. An inner and outer pin. Does anyone know if that's true? Every Kubota dealer I know is closed today.

/ Kubota B7100D Front wheel Ubolt to differential PINs - HELP! #6  
To get a parts diagram to confirm the number of pins and if they are different why not go to Messicks.com and have them send the appropriate parts drawing?

Go to: Kubota Parts for Tractors and Equipment

Enter the appropriate tractor info, your email and a PDF of the desired section will be sent automatically.

Update: So after drilling, torching and pounding, there was no way the pin was coming out. I thought it was part of the unit. I ended up pulling the entire sprocket out of the differential, drilling, heating and grinding down a punch to the perfect diameter to just fit into the hole and FINALLY I got the piece out. I got several roll pins from the local dealer and have fixed it (for now). I'm heading out to see if it holds. I went ahead and bought this side of the Ubolt and Joint and they should be here this week. I'm guessing the sole pin will not hold as it's got 30 years of wear and tear and all of it needs replaced. Tx guys for the ideas. They did help esp the diagram. Fortunately my Kubota has been so reliable I'm not repairing it much. I didn't even know about Messicks. Now I do !!! Happy New Year. Tom