Tractor
    John Deere 5055E

Default John Deere 5055E Oil Leaking???

Hi;
    I have a newer John Deere 5055E. Recently, I've been working in some pretty dusty conditions and pulled the hood to have a gander at oil and coolant levels. I noticed that, while a newer tractor, the coolant levels had diminished quite a bit in 25-hours. Also noticed that there was oil around EVERY seal on the tractor. I was wondering if this was something that's "normal" for the newer tractors????? or do I need my dealer to c'mon over and have a gander at this thing? Also, is it normal for the unit to consume roughly a 1/2 gallon of coolant in 25-hours of operation - at least when it's first new?

I'm more just wondering if I'm being paranoid, or if there's something seriously wrong with this just off the assembly line?

Thanks.

Dar

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

Default Re: John Deere 5055E Oil Leaking???

Coolant should never be consumed. Did you check it warm or cold though? Remember, it's going to "fill up" a bit as it gets warmer.

As far as oil leaks, I would clean it off, run it for a bit, and see what yuo find. I could see some oil in areas like that during assembly, but it shouldn't continue to leak. Worth a wipedown and then re-check after an hour or so.
    The forums are a great place to find information....but also a great place to find speculation. Only you can determine the real problems with your tractor. We're here to help you find the correct way to do it.