Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I need your help! I have a magnetic 12volt worklight I purchased at TSC. A few months after I bought it, it stopped working. I took it apart, and I found that the filament in the bulb was broken. Now I can't get the bulb out to find a replacement. I tried and tried, but it would not budge. I was wondering if anyone on here knows a way to get it out? I would really hate to toss the whole $20+ light just because the bulb is broken.

Of course, attached are some pics:

P1020896.jpgP1020898.jpgP1020901.jpgP1020904.jpgP1020907.jpgP1020909.jpgP1020912.jpg

Thank for any advice you can provide.

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #3  
Looks like an H3 bulb, the lead comes with the bulb. I dont see hows it mounted but seems like the most logical. Google H3 bulb and you should get a lot of hits.

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #4  
If you follow the link provided by ThomasH read the reviews. There 4 I think, 2 good, and 2 negative. Both of the negative reviews address bulb life, which was apparently very short.

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #5  
looks like a headlight bulb. The metal base plate is part of the bulb. The new bulb should have a lead too.

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #7  
G'day as said it is a H3 globe and it comes with the pigtail on it you will have to pop the rubber grommet out of the base of the light and you should see a blade type connector.

Jon

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #8  
I'm with banjodunn, pull out that little rubber grommet and follow the wire to it's connection point. The glass bulb doesn't come out of it's mount - it's all one piece. Those bulbs blow easily mostly from vibration - especially when they get hot. Good luck....

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb #9  
The bulb runs about $5 to $7 and should plug in somewhere on the other side of the gromet. And the life life can very do to vibration . Some times Wal-mart is closer to $5 , get two then you will have an extra bulb, for next time ...

/ Need Help Replacing Work Light Bulb
Thanks everyone for the help!

I was looking at the problem all wrong by trying to take out just the bulb and not the whole unit. I found the connector, and the rest was easy. I will look for the replacement bulbs later this week.

Thanks again.