Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool

/ Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool #1  

Lucky1910

Tractor
Ford 1910
Hello Everyone,

I have run into a little problem. I have split my tractor for an engine rebuild and now have to rejoin my tractor and I can't find a clutch alignment tool. The tool steps are; 15/16" 13 Spline and 1 3/8" 19 Spline. This is a dual action clutch and I just can't find the tool anywhere. Can anyone help me in my search, or perhaps some guidance on making my two halves whole again? My tractor is a 1984 Ford 1910. The clutch is the same as the Ford 2110 and was manufactured by Shibaura in Japan. It is also compatible with several Shibaura tractors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Darrell
Lucky1910

Last edited:
   / Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool #2  
Guys have been known to turn a tool like that on a wood lathe. If you know the dimensions for a snug-not-tight fit you can make one in an hour or less.
Jim

/ Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool
Guys have been known to turn a tool like that on a wood lathe. If you know the dimensions for a snug-not-tight fit you can make one in an hour or less.
Jim

Thanks Jim. I do happen to be a bit of a carpenter, and I do own a lathe, so I guess I will give it a shot. I tried to eyeball it, but I never could get it all the into the housing, hopefully this will do the job. Great tip.

Darrell

/ Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool #4  
Lucky1910 if I could make one I would not be asking

/ Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool #5  
I had the same problem when I put a new clutch in my 1910 a few months ago....honestly i eyeballed it up before tightening the clutch basket,used a fee feeler guages and screwdriver to double check I was centered and it went right together....as I was drawing the tractor back together I used a simple 1000 pound rated ratcheting tiedown to pull the front and back together because I had no help I slowly turned the engine over and drew it together I engaged the PTO and put a large pipe wrench on it to keep the transmission and PTO input shaft for moving so I can line them up.again I was alone if I had help it would've went a lot faster

/ Ford 1910 Clutch Alignment Tool #6  
I have never owned an alignment tool. I either turn a wood dowel down to the correct steps in diameter or use a dowel that is already the diameter of the small end and wrap tape around the dowel to make the second larger step. Either way has worked perfectly.