Tractor
    Ford 8n, Farmall Cub LoBoy 64 & 72

Default Cub C60 Engine Rebuild

I am a new TractorByNet member, so bear with me until I get the hang of this.

I am currently rebuilding a Farmall Cub C60 motor and just removed the pistons over the weekend. The reasoning for the rebuild is because I was having a good bit of blow by on the motor. I wanted to see what others thought about if I should remove the crank and the main bearing? I am leaning towards not messing with them because the crankshaft seems to be pretty snug and the rod bearings looked really good when I took the pistons out. A guy I work with says that since I already have the motor removed from the tractor and the engine broke down that I should go ahead and replace them. My biggest thing is that I don't want to spend any more money than I need to. Currently my cost to get the motor back together is; $50 for piston rings, $50 for rod bearings, $90 for gasket kit, $50 for new exhaust valves and a few other odds and ends to button everything up. The main bearings would add another $60 to the price tag. The engine was holding good oil pressure before which is pushing me not to mess with the bearings. What are your thoughts?

Tractor
    Deere 990/Montana 5740

Default Re: Cub C60 Engine Rebuild

I would listen to your friend,, just me tho,, welcome to the forum.. Lou
    "Life is good if beer is cold"

Tractor
    Ford 8n, Farmall Cub LoBoy 64 & 72

Default Re: Cub C60 Engine Rebuild

Thanks Lou66. I guess I need to go ahead and install the main bearings. I was just wanting to save a buck but I would kick myself if I put it back together and something went wrong with the bearings later on. Thanks for your reply.