JD 4520 Bent Bucket

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #1  

Nashville

Tractor
Currently tractorless...JD 26G being traded for a new tractor.
I picked up a sweetheart deal on this 4520 with a 400x loader. As you can see from the attached pic, the 40 hours on the clock were hard on the bucket. Otherwise, she's pristine. Any advice on how to persuade the top lip back into position would be appreciated. I've been told not to heat it, and to be careful about bending the bottom while trying to straighten the top. Thanks!

bucketphoto.JPG

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #2  
I picked up a sweetheart deal on this 4520 with a 400x loader. As you can see from the attached pic, the 40 hours on the clock were hard on the bucket. Otherwise, she's pristine. Any advice on how to persuade the top lip back into position would be appreciated. I've been told not to heat it, and to be careful about bending the bottom while trying to straighten the top. Thanks!

View attachment 295615
I would try bottle jacks and blocks of wood.

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #3  
I would try tilting the bucket down to get the bottom lip out of the way then putting the bent part over a fence post and using the loader to straighten the top. You will probably need someone to help watch.

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #4  
   / JD 4520 Bent Bucket #5  
You could try a small body shop or a welding shop, then you spray some paint on it.

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #6  
I had the exact same thing happen to mine when i was younger and stupider than i am today, and wrapped a chain around the bucket to lift something too heavy. i used a bottle jack and piece of wood...worked fine. there was still a minor, nearly unnoticeable crinkle when i was done. JD sells touch up spray paint.

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #7  
I would use a 6x6 top and bottom with a heavy jack.It may still have a wrinkle in it but should be ok. It must be nice to trade or sell your tractor when you make a boo boo!!!!!!!!!

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket #8  
I agree with the jack procedure. Large block of wood on the bottom, to spread out the pressure and keep from making another problem.

It's really not that bad. I've done worse, and seen a LOT worse. :D

/ JD 4520 Bent Bucket
Thanks for all the input! I went with pressure treated 2x10s to distribute the weight, and a 12 ton bottle jack. Popped it right back into place like it never even happened. Straight as an arrow. Thanks guys!